1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my first Para from my local FFL. I am very disappointed in the overall quality of this gun and wondering if I got duped? I've read nothing but good things which is why I bought one. After stripping and cleaning the gun top to bottom I noticed the trigger is extremely loose side to side and up and down. I tried tightining it up with the adjustment screw but didn't help. Also my trigger is black and most of the Expert Carry's I have seen are stainless. Last my Para came in a cheap cardboard box, not the nice green hard case I've seen many come in online. I called the dealer I bought it from and started asking questions but got no answers. So based on what I have said has anyone had the same experience?

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
FYI, direct from CDNN Sports site on their Para's.

NOTE: Although all are skeletonized, color and/or style of the trigger may vary.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I thought the factory seconds (blemished guns) Paras came in the cardboard boxes and the expert line is pretty much their entry level mil-spec line.

·
Registered
255 Posts
I thought the factory seconds (blemished guns) Paras came in the cardboard boxes and the expert line is pretty much their entry level mil-spec line.
That is what I have seen. One of my local shop had some doublestacks with cardboard boxes that were blems.

The trigger fit on every para I've handled is poor. The polymer triggers aren't molded oversize and fitted. They mold them undersize so they just drop right in. Saves time, but 99% of the time its loose.

·
Registered
43 Posts
My Black Ops 14-45 came from CDNN in the usual green plastic gun case last January. However, my Colt ANVIII came from CDNN in a cardboard box last summer - usual for the ANVIIIs.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Mine came in a plastic case and the trigger was aluminum. The fit was not what I call loose but did have a little play. The adjustment screw ws adjusted properly with little uptake. No FTF or FTE with over 800 rounds down range. I'm pleased with mine. I wonder if their quality has declined since Remington bought them.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I've had six, three stainless three black, all single stack Experts.
All triggers had an equal amount of slop in them, enough to annoy me but not enough to actually be noticeable while shooting. All from CDNN, all in green cases with two mags, a bushing wrench, and a cable lock.

Does the sticker on the box say anything about Factory Second or Blem?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Same experience as most here. Mine was brand new from Sportsman's Warehouse, prior to Remington takeover. The aluminum trigger does have up/down & left/right wiggle to it. Sloppy, and a bit heavy, but it does shoot just fine. My comparison is a Kimber Desert Warrior, and the Para pales in accuracy and smoothness. I thought about upgrading the FCG on the Para, just to see if I could shrink the groups, but it seems to me that the trigger channel in the frame itself is over sized. The Kimber trigger in the Para was sloppy; in the Kimber frame, the Para trigger didn't slop around and seemed to fit pretty well. I did not fire either gun with the trigger swap, nor did I drop the coin on upgrades since the Para frame seems dimensionally incorrect. This upsets me, because I wanted a cheap 1911 to experiment with- tuning triggers, maybe dehorning, etc. You get what you pay for. I just picked up a used Springfield GI, with CT grips, for a little more than the Para was new. Haven't shot the Springer yet, but everything seems much tighter. I doubt it will give me any regrets. I'm planning to sell the Para one day.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Put a Greider long 3 hole trigger in my Expert. With very minimal fitting it has eliminated up & down slop and was a worthy $18 dollar upgrade.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts