1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, Infinity disconnector is nice part and can get you out of a bind so to speak. The part is nicely machined from bar-stock and has a ball knot near the tip. The purpose of the ball is so the disconnector will swivel in the tunnel with out binding.

Why do you need one of these? Well you don’t really need one for every trigger job but one day you’ll get a job where you’ll have disconnector click that is difficult to remove by staking without binding the disconnector or you’ll get a disconnector tunnel combination that won’t function properly.

You may have a problem on some trigger jobs you never new you had. How many pistolsmiths out there check the weight of the trigger pull when the slide cocks the hammer AND when you cock the hammer with your thumb. Some pistolsmith probably do the trigger job just by thumb cocking.

What happens when the disconnector binds? Do a simple test with your trigger pull gauge. Cock the hammer with your thumb and check the trigger pull weight. Do this a few times, your weight should be consistent, say its 4 lb. Next, cycle the hammer with the slide and check the trigger pull, it should weigh the same, if the weight is heavier, say 4-1/2 lb. the disconnector may be binding in the tunnel. The Infinity disconnector may solve your problem. They are a little expensive but are worth the money if it gets you out of a bind and saves you the extra labor.

One improvement I think could be made or offered as a option is to make the ball knot slightly larger than the nominal hole diameter in the frame and supply the correct reamer so you could ream the frame to get a perfect fit. Metal Smith

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,305 Posts
I put one of those disconnectors, along with Infinity hammer and sear, in my M1991A1. Although it wasn't expected, I got a really good "street" trigger pull with no additional work. Good parts.

·
Registered
372 Posts
I agree I find these disconnectors a must for use on all Kimber and McCormick frames.The tunnel is definately larger in diameter then lets say a Colt or Springfield.Ocg1911

[This message has been edited by OCG1911 (edited 06-13-2001).]

·
Registered
555 Posts
I bought an Infinity disconnector a while ago and it will not work on any of my guns. I'd forgotten about it (just left it in my parts box) until I read this post. Anyway, yesterday I fished it out and measured it. Way shorter than specs which is probably why it wouldn't work. BTW, it's new in the box.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Don't the McCormick disconnectors have that ball at the top too? Are they as good as the Infinity and where do you buy the Infinity?

JJ

·
Registered
555 Posts
Thanks agfian for reminding me about the Infinity disconnector. Infinity shipped me a new one and it works great. Still can't figure out why the old one was so far out of spec that it wouldn't work.

·
Premium Member
936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hello Everyone,
The Infinity can be ordered from Brownells, the McCormick has the ball but I don't think they are available, it is a cast MIM part and the Infinity is machined from bar-stock, Metal Smith

[This message has been edited by Metal Smith (edited 06-24-2001).]

1 - 8 of 8 Posts