1911Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I joined this site back in 2000 and called it my home for a while. Got active in other firearms forums and even been made admin on a couple of them. Things have been really busy since then.

Still, this has remained my home forum.

I own three 1911s now; a 1983 70 Series Gold Cup (bought new in 1983 for $395), a tricked out Series 80 that is my carry gun, and a 1942 Remington Rand.

Are any of my old friends still here?

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
I'm kinda new here but what the heck, I'LL be your friend. Colts rock my world too. :rock:

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Welcome Back

I see you're 60. Us Old Fellows need to stick together or those rabble rousing young Turks will just run over us.

They don't know how tough a person had to be, to be born in the age BC.
Before Computers...:eek:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showpost.php?p=2422709&postcount=28
Twittering was for...Girls.
And we had to wait weeks and weeks to get parts.

Kids nowadays have it so easy...:)

Kur

·
Registered
276 Posts
I'm fairly new here also, but these guy's are the best for 1911 advice, most of the typical BS doesn't reside on this forum...
So welcome back

·
Premium Member
9,046 Posts

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
I see you're 60. Us Old Fellows need to stick together or those rabble rousing young Turks will just run over us.

They don't know how tough a person had to be, to be born in the age BC.
Before Computers...:eek:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showpost.php?p=2422709&postcount=28
Twittering was for...Girls.
And we had to wait weeks and weeks to get parts.

Kids nowadays have it so easy...:)

Kur
Hey be careful I resemble some of those remarks!
I just turned 60 too! Us older farts need to stick together. I got my first 1911 when I was just a kid, 19 I thinks I was. I just tell everybody I grew up shooting the 1911. My first one came from a guy on the navy pistol team , got it and two ammo cans full for 200 bucks, It was a colt too, but when your young and dumb I thought I needed a 44mag so I traded it, what a mistake. I made up for it as I now have two wilsons and a les baer.

enjoy your new pistol
Lucky

·
Registered
230 Posts
Welcome back :rock:

·
Premium Member
211 Posts
You tell'um master gunner!

·
Premium Member
3,283 Posts
Us Old Fellows need to stick together or those rabble rousing young Turks will just run over us.
60 also here, but don't worry about young guys, they are mostly in glock forums telling each other that 9MM is equal or better than a .45 ACP, and that polymer is a super material that isn't really plastic and will outlast 10 owners. :biglaugh:

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
60 also here, but don't worry about young guys, they are mostly in glock forums telling each other that 9MM is equal or better than a .45 ACP, and that polymer is a super material that isn't really plastic and will outlast 10 owners. :biglaugh:
Hey now, all of us aren't that misguided. :rock:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Well nice to see all you sixty's folk, I've made sixty-three and a half, love the .45 auto, have four 1911's and one compact. Still like to shoot when the weather allows. Reload as needed. Only thing that doesn't work as before is the body. But glade to know there are more old farts out there than me.

·
Registered
879 Posts
You guys are making my 47 years seem young. I my knees and shoulders only felt young

·
Administrator
74,040 Posts
..... and a 1942 Remington Rand.
Got any pictures of the Rem-Rand to share? Only a few thousand RR's were made in 1942, making them very rare and valuable.

·
Registered
4,139 Posts
I'll join in here as an old guy, while I am not as old as some I do hit the double nickle on Sunday. It's a bigger deal to me than when I hit the half century mark and realized I have more time behind me than ahead of me. I honestly never thought I would make it this far.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dsk:

Actually, it's someone's old time Bullseye pistol. The frame is RR and the slide is a Colt.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Trophy Shop - Welcome back to the forum. How's Pueblo these days? We're from Pueblo West. Been stuck in Wisconsin for 4 years now and can't wait to get back to God's Countrty.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
How's Pueblo these days?
Pueblo, thankfully, hasn't changed much in the 60 years I've lived here. We kind of like it that way. Actually, we live east of Pueblo, close to Vineland. We have a berm in the backyard and a big field to shoot clays in.

If you get back here, PM me, we'll do some shooting.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Pueblo, thankfully, hasn't changed much in the 60 years I've lived here. We kind of like it that way. Actually, we live east of Pueblo, close to Vineland. We have a berm in the backyard and a big field to shoot clays in.

If you get back here, PM me, we'll do some shooting.
Sounds good. You'll be hearing from me when we get back home. Thank you

1 - 19 of 19 Posts