1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a Nickel 70 Series Combat Commander in a pawn shop today for $649. The Blue book just gives the value for Blued and simply refers to the nickel as "scarce". Would this be worth $600-$650 in 90%-95% condition? ("NO!" answers are appreciated)

Thanks, Jim

·
Registered
332 Posts
i dunno. i got my blued lwt commander for $550. good luck finding out what you need. i'd pay it, but that doesn't mean it's a deal.

------------------
Nothing like the smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
I saw one posted in the Pistolsmith forum for 450.00. It was a satin nickel 45 70 series.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I traded a Para Ordnance P-12 that I had $525 in for my series 70 satin commander.... I would do it again in a heartbeat!

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
If it's in excellent shape and in all original condition, they're probably pretty close for a satin nickel 70 series Combat Commander, although I'd feel better getting them to come down $50-$75 (on a cash deal).

·
Registered
703 Posts
I would offer $500-575. If you can't haggle a little bit in a pawn shop, where can you? Then again, if it were in excellent condition and it was calling to me, I'd offer $600.

------------------
If it wasn't for the NRA, the second ammendment would already be gone!

·
Registered
89 Posts
I paid $$485.00 plus tax for a total of $525.00 out the door. It is a .38 Super Combat Commander yet it has the light weight slide. It is satin chrome over copper. The finish is not great and I cannot say what the NRA condition is. The finish is intact though. I really enjoy shooting this gun 125gr minor power rounds are like .22's

Now to the question. I say, if it passes all safty checks and locks up. Can you take it apart for a look? Go for it.

A change of springs is a good idea IMO. Best regards. Teal Blue.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts