1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to send my 92FS along to Ernest Langdon www.langdontactical.com for night sights. The gun is a blued Beretta with factory white sights. I'm considering replacing the rear with Novack black and doing the front with a Trijicon. I've wondered about doing the front only with the Trijicon and leaving the rear -- but not sure. Anyone with suggestions?

·
Super Moderator
13,411 Posts
Nothing wrong with having just the front tritium. As a matter of fact, Ken Hackathorn wrote in a recent article that front only night sight is desired to minimize confusion of lining up the dots. If rear tritiums are used, the Novak bar is preferred, or the Heinie Straight 8 configuration is also a good choice. Many trainers such as Ken, Tom Givens and others use only front tritium.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The black gun with the white sights aren't as annoying as the Inox model with the red sights. Should I leave the white factory rear or go with the Novack black?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't tested it out on anything except to say that I've noticed I focus exclusively on the front sight when shooting. That said, would it matter whether I choose the Novack rear in black, or keep the rear as is?

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Is the 92FS a plain 92FS or the Brig? I'm partial to Novaks but also like the Heinies. I have a plain dot front but in the future will go to the bar dot. My only complaint is the corners on my Novaks are chipped, probably because I'm a moron.

PS Ernest is the man...I worship the 9mm casings he leaves in his wake :D

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is just the plain 92FS -- the Inox Brig is my future 9mm purchase. I love Ernest's work but it's tough following his page. I've been after him to update it but he says he's pressed for time and prefers to work on getting everyone's guns back to them. Can't argue with that excuse, can you? The Novack black rear is $29 and the single front trijicon is $80 -- it's cheaper he says on the Veretec and Elite. I just want something user friendly...:cool:

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
It's cheaper on the Vertec and Elites because the 92FS doesn't have a dovetailed frontsight...AFAIK he sends it offsite to have it inserted, but I'm not sure if he still does; it's been a while since I've had him do any work for me. Hopefully that'll change soon when CA authorizes the 92G-SD as not-unsafe.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I believe Ernest sends the slides out to Tooltech -- so that hasn't changed. I prefer him to be the middle guy to check for quality of service because I'm very much a novice when it comes to gunsmithing. This will be my second time dealing with LTT; I had him do my compacts a while back -- at the same time which was a painful seperation period for me....I probably won't get around to a new purchase until early next year so this will be it....for a while anyway.... ;)

·
Banned
597 Posts
They have different colors if you're worried about getting the three same-color dots lined up.

Does anyone have a picture of what the bar-dot looks like from the shooter's perspective?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts