1911Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Darn, Darn and Double Darn!!!!!!!
I just pulled out my Kimber Classic Custom and my front night site is out. I've been hearing about this problem for months now and kept hoping it wouldn't be me..... The reason I bothered to post is this: I bought the gun used from a local shop. Does Kimber fix problems on used guns or do I get stuck with this one? I know it can't hurt to call, but it's Friday and I want to know what kind of bargaining power I have when I call Monday. Thanks guys,
Scatmanblues

·
Registered
130 Posts
I called Kimber when the front sight died on my Ultra CDP. They simply told me to send it to them and they would replace it at no charge. Whether or not it was warranty or anything else was never mentioned.I had it back in about a week.

·
Registered
445 Posts
HEY MEB1:GUNNUTS HERE,How much did you have to pay for shipping?This is happening WAY to much on the KIMBER/MEPROLIGHTS!!!!It could cost somebody there life someday.Hey KIMBER I know you read this forum,the ball is in your court,should I get a KIMBER CDP compact or a STI RANGER with NOVAK'S?Were waiting

·
Registered
130 Posts
I sent my slide to Kimber via Priority mail insured for about $300 or so. The cost was about $6.00 as best as I can remember. I mailed it on a Thursday and had it back by the following Thursday.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I just went and checked the night sights on my Kimber Custom Combat Carry Model and thank goodness they are still bright. But the inserts don't have the white circles around them as some described in this thread. All four of my Glocks with night sights however do have those types of sights with the white outline around them.

7th

------------------
Support Your Local Police

1 - 6 of 6 Posts