1911Forum banner

night sights for LDA limited?

877 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Guido
I own two LDA limited models. A 7.45 and 18.9. Haven't had em but a few months...no problem with sights coming off, but after reading this forum, they inevitably will come off at some time. I was wanting to replace the front and rear sights with tritium night sights (just like everyone else!) I haven't been able to find an easy solution to this problem. Looks like I need the front and rear dovetails to be remilled for B0-MAR or similiar. I understand the adj rear sight is an LPA, and I would think that LPA sight company would offer a "drop-in" tritium night sight for the limited series LDA. Apparently they don't. Does anyone have any other info for replacing the front and rear sights with tritium, or do I need to get them both remilled?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
316 Posts
Guys,
I just ran across this article at the link below which references testing at Gunsite (Col. Jeff Cooper's hangout) and the quote below was from pg. 2. Good info about XS 24/7 sights and if you click on this link, http://www.xssights.com/store/handgun.html will take you to XS's website where you will see if they will fit your Para model. Looks like they are drop-in for my 12.45 LDA (P12 variant) and all of the other Para models listed. If you see *1 or *2 next to the detail of your pistol, dovetail cuts/modifications are required.

http://www.handgunsmag.com/tactics_training/target_081005/

"Dave Biggers emphasized to the group that XS Sight Systems feels that the Express handgun sight system is the finest sight made for fast sight acquisition in all light conditions. While XS still makes plain white-dot sights for some models, everyone in the group had a handgun that was equipped with one of the 24/7 tritium-insert sights. Glock and 1911 variations made up the bulk of the firearms in the group, with Ed and Wiley Clapp carrying the lone SIG-Sauer pistols."

Bruce
*The person who said "patience is a virtue, obviously was not a firearms enthusiast.* ;)

· Registered
45 Posts
I just put on XS 24/7 (standard) on my Warthog. They're bright and fast. My gunsmith said the front sight was a little too big, but nothing a little sanding didn't fix. Would highly recommend, they also have great customer service.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.