1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to change the front bead sight on my Wiley Clapp Commander and Government model pistols to a tritium night sight. Does anyone have any experience with this. I'm considering returning them to Colt for this but probably will have a local gunsmith do the work. Any advice will be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
The front sight is a standard Novak cut, .180 high. I replaced mine with the Novak Mega Dot front. Choose your smith wisely, there plenty of examples of gun store butchers botching a simple sight swap.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have a great smith close that has done other work for me. He is reasonable and usually gets sight work done in about a week.

·
Registered
4,948 Posts
Just send your slide to Novaks, they'll measure the correct sight height, install it and return your slide to you in a week.
This^^

This can not be repeated enough. Novak does the best install and they won't demolish your slide like your local 'smith' will.;)

·
Registered
279 Posts
Just send your slide to Novaks, they'll measure the correct sight height, install it and return your slide to you in a week.
It really CAN"T be repeated enough. The turnaround is super quick relatively speaking. Got my last one, door to door, done within 7 days. If you send the entire gun, they'll test it and set the POA/POI with your favorite load too (you provide the ammo).

I like the brass bead front and/or the small tritium dot front sight. That and a plain black rear is pretty darn precise and very quick too.

Since you asked. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts