1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the Defenders first came out and before I could buy my first one, the dealer had a new one with factory night sights (looked just like regular sights only with 3 dot tritium inserts) It also had an ambi safety and was magnaported. (really neat little set up) I wish I would have purchased it but at the time they had $775.00 on it and it seemed a bit pricey so I bought a regular one for around $575.00. ANYWAY (ramble, ramble) Does anyone know where thes could be obtained, or who made the sight for Colt?

------------------
DEATH TO THE NEW WORLD ORDER!

· Registered
316 Posts
The sights for the XS series were made by C-More, but they had a disagreement with Colt and no longer make them. The only night sights I know made are PT sights (won't fit right because of the rear notch) and Heinie sights. I guess the only real choice is Heinie sights.

· Banned
126 Posts
I installed Ashley Big-dot express sights on my XS commander. Call Ashley for the correct item number.

· Registered
1,561 Posts
Ashley, Heinie, Novak, Trijicon, all make sights for the XS cut.

The Trijicon's are identical to the factory look.

I recall a factory ported model, don't remember a night sighted, ambi-safety model.

· Registered
316 Posts
Sorry, but I forgot about the Ashley sights.

Firearmsplus, are you sure that the Novak sights will fit the XS model without machining the slide? I thought that I had read on the Novak site that the slide would require some machining.

Will the Trijicons fill in the rear notch on the slide? Without filling in that notch, snagging would be a big problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.