1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just placed my order with Wilson for a new CQB. I believe that I am correct that the gun comes standard with the new tactical night sights. Am I correct in my belief?

------------------
Chief

·
Registered
724 Posts
Suggest you give them a call and find out as their ad is confusing:

Their web-site standard speck is for the #463 (and mentions tritium somewhere in the verbage), but the tritium part is a #463"T".

I had to specify the 463T (and pay a little extra) to get the new syle night sights on a KZ-45 currently on order, vs the old sytle (#367).

------------------
Whoever said you can’t buy happiness never owned a good 1911!

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad to see that I wasn't the only one confused. I will be somewhat miffed if the night sights are an additional price. Both, Wilson's web page and catalog imply that they are standard,as does every article that I have read in the magazines. I'd better call an confirm that fact. If they are optional, I might cancel the order and reconsider the Les Baer.

------------------
Chief

·
Registered
402 Posts
Chief47, The new style (#463) night sights are standard on the QCB. I just picked up my new QCB yesterday. Mine has the black slide, gray frame colors. Going to shoot it in the AM. The QCB now comes with a steel guide rod. The nylon one they were using got too many complaints I guess? It sounded like a good Idea to me. It was replaceable like the shock buffs. Any way I think you made an excellent purchase. It took around 6 weeks to get mine but just looking at it made it worth the wait. Shoot Safe......CO

------------------
"I won't be wronged, I
won't be Insulted, and I
won't be laid a had on. I
don't do these things to
other people and I
require the same from
them." From the movie
"The Shootist."

·
Registered
541 Posts
I find this all a bit strange......how does one order a $1800 item and not call the maker (WILSON). I own (2) WILSONS and the're probably the best there is ,but I call them and just plain talk to whom ever answers the line......and they talk back to me like I'm just a regular person .......you can ask any question about any product or you can just b.s. with them ...........it's real people making great guns..........

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Condition One, thanks for the information. When I ordered the gun I confirmed that there were no plastic guide rods and upgraded the hammer and spur from MIM to CNC. I just didn't think to inquire about the sights because the advertising implied they were standard. I hope you enjoy yours in the morning.

------------------
Chief

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
JOEE, It is easy enough to fax an order to Wilson for any gun on their website or in their catalog and never speak to a representative. However, before ordering, I spoke with John at Wilson Combat several times and he was most helpful in helping me decide on certain upgrades that I desired. As i stated to Condition One, I did not inquire about the sights because all of the literature, advertisements and web site implied that the new night sights were standard. I only became concerned when I was looking in their parts catalog and noticed that the tactical sights are available with and without night sights. From Codition One's response, it appears that I was right in my assumption.

------------------
Chief

·
Registered
541 Posts
Chief, don't get me wrong,no flame intended. Enjoy your new pistol,it's a great one.......

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Chief47,

As I'm sure that you are aware now, the night sights are standard on the CQB. As an owner of several Wilsons and various other 1911's, I am confident that you will absolutely love your CQB. Just get ready for your next Wilson!

Enjoy

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FB3, thanks for the reply. This will be my first Wilson and I'm looking forward to the experience. I own several Les Baers, Colts and Kimbers, but need a Wilson to make the collection complete. Who knows, it may need a baby brother once it gets settled into it's new home.

------------------
Chief

1 - 11 of 11 Posts