1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is Kimber having better luck with their factory night sights? I'm thinking about senting my slide in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I just had them put the night sights on my sst Gold Match. I've only put about 150 rounds through so the jury is still out. By the way the reason I did it was because my stock adjustable broke after about 1500 rounds so I just paid the diference when they had it in there. They're pretty bright and I like that. I'll try to get out and shoot more and see how they hold up.

·
Premium Member
6,416 Posts
My stainless Gold Match is currently wearing it's 3rd adjustable rear night sight.The tritium insert fell out of the 1st one after 650 rounds,the 2nd broke in to 2 pieces after 3 or 4 thousand rounds,the 3rd has been on for around 1500 ronds so far.This all happened in the past 10 months.Are they better now?Your guess is as good as mine

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just had to send the slide back to Kimber because the front sight had burned out. The Custom Shop says that they're replacing them with 3rd generation Mepro's which are a better and brighter sight. They got the slide yesterday, and it's being returned today. Not too shabby in my books.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think the 3rd generation sights are the ones with the white outlines... Please keep us posted.

·
Registered
49 Posts
UPS delivered my slide back to me today. From Texas to New York, get new sights, and back to Texas in less that 5 days seemed pretty good to me.
Siggy, you're correct. These sights do indeed have the white outlines, and seem to be brighter than the original sights. Tomorrow, it's off to the range to see if it still shoots like it did.
Overall, I'd have to give a big thumbs up to Winslow in the Custom Shop for his help in the great turn-a-round.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I got my slide back about two weeks ago. Mine don't have the white outline which makes me wonder if I got the latest. They are adjustable. Are the new ones you're getting adjustable or fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts