1911Forum banner

Nighthawk Components

1271 18
I was always interested in knowing what parts are used in my Nighthawk...Well, I just found an article in Guns&Ammo's "Combat Tactics" which has a nice write up on the company. In the article it list the following info. Caspian frame and slide. Their own machined thumb safety, The guns with the mainspring housing with a lanyard loop are from pistolsmith Alex Zimmerman, Beavertail is from Ed Brown, Videki aluminum trigger, sear is machined from bar stock and fully machined slide stop cut from a forging. Guns also have genuine Novak sights and the barrel is machined from 416D stainless bar stock and button rifled to match grade spec. The coolest part is that in the article the author had requested that Ron Phillips send in a picture of himself for the article he declined. He indicated that the company is a team of people and It's not one guy up front getting all the credit like my last job." so he sent in a picture of everyone form his shop.
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
I have never heard of the company until I went into a gunshop yesterday and saw a dozen different models, they had several Talons, Talon II, and several other models I don't remember. But Iwent on to the website and basically found out that the store carried at least one of each model. The prices ranged from 2200 to 2700. Can anyone tell me a little more about them and what kind of product they produce. They look like well made guns. Thanks

· Registered
1,583 Posts
King1679 said:
[...] It's not one guy up front getting all the credit like my last job."
And that's why I will not buy anything from Nighthawk - making statements like this in public is simply unprofessional. If you have some bad blood with your previous employer, the one that paid your salary for years and taught you what you know today - that's fine, but keep it private. These remarks are just bad form, IMO.

· Registered
74 Posts
Aleko, Do you work for his previous employer? :scratch: He didn't even mention who he worked for, I would rather get a product from a company that has a team attitude than from a one man show, no man is an island.

Bp248- They make excellent guns with a fit and finish that is second to none. They are more a Wilson than Wilson's own, if you get my drift.
Excellent customer service, they pay for shipping both ways if you have an issue with your pistol, and they warranty it forever, other than two things, the finish will wear at some point and the Novak nite sights will need replacing in ten years, because they will lose their glow. That's it.

· Registered
212 Posts
I'm pretty sure it's universally known that all companies in question are exceptional in every way.

· Registered
1,583 Posts
OneJaggedHole said:
Aleko, Do you work for his previous employer? :scratch: He didn't even mention who he worked for [...]
No, but it's a known fact who he worked for before, and it's not the first time Nighthawk takes a stab at that other company. It’s getting tiring. It seems like they built their name by constantly bringing down the other company’s products. Everyone who's been on this forum long enough knows what I mean. If you don't, then you probably won’t care anyway.

· Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,396 Posts
I can believe Caspian slide and frame, but the Nighthawks I've handled had Chip McCormick MIM thumb safeties, and Videki's out of business.

· Registered
74 Posts
Everyone who's been on this forum long enough knows what I mean. If you don't, then you probably won’t care anyway.
Aleko, sorry I havn't been around here long enough to know what you mean. I wasn't picking a fight, just seems you are a little upset.

I have only been using 1911's for duty and self for 15 years. I bought their gun based on feel, and value, nothing else. Every other manufacturer develops their own products for the same reason. I own several of the "other" guns as well. They all make excellent products, but we all have our favorites. It is evident that someone does not think Nighthawk has a long enough history as a manufacturer in the 1911, otherwise they would be a catagory just like the others. Es spielt keine Rolle.

· Registered
1,583 Posts
OneJaggedHole said:
Aleko, sorry I havn't been around here long enough to know what you mean. I wasn't picking a fight, just seems you are a little upset.
I'm not upset - I have no dog in this fight; I just wish they'd stop this nonsense because it's old, and it only makes them look stupid. They are now established company (more or less), they have their following, their market share, so why continue taking cheap shots at the other company every chance you get? Many successful and talented gunsmiths have left big shops, but I don't see any of them running around and making snide remarks about their previous employer. It's simply unprofessional!

· Registered
3,499 Posts
JetPilot said:
deleted by Art
Doesn't really sound like you're sorry. He said get back on topic and you posted anyway which means you blatantly disregarded the moderator. It's disrespectful.

Since you have a strong opinion and feel the need to defend your friend you should start a new thread. I'm sure THAT thread would stay on topic.

· Registered
3,499 Posts
deleted by Art

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.