1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Who here has one? Pics? How do they shoot? Do they still make 5" versions?

Contemplating a purchase.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I've got a 10mm Talon in 5". Best 1911 I have owned. Very versatile round. Factory ammo is hard to find locally but I reload all my 10mm.

Nighthawk customer service is hands down the best in the business from my experience with them.

One note about ammo. I bought 2 boxes of old PMC HP and TC ammo and about 250 PMC HP bullets for reloading. The gun hates them. The nose of the bullet will catch on the rim of the chamber (the rim where the mouth case gets stopped for head spacing). The profile of these bullets have a rather sharp edge at the very tip. Putting a stiffer spring in the mag and setting the OAL of the rounds to 1.26 (versus the factory 1.25) helps a little but still get one jam in 20 rounds or so.

Also, the PMC brass is thicker than the other brass I have. It's .12 versus .10 and it causes issues when reloading. When I crimp it squeezes the bullet and leaves a noticeable shoulder where the case stops (when pulling and inspecting a bullet). They also don't chamber smooth in my gauge.

Maybe the newer stuff is ok.

Anyhow, you will like the 10mm round.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts