1911Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are several questions that are not answered on the Nighthawk website and I just spent a while reading Nighthawk threads here. Still, I have not seen the answers to several questions. Maybe some of you Nighthhawk owners can answer these:

Is the Bobtail available on the Enforcer II ? If so, how much? Does Nighthawk offer any finer than 25 lpi frontstrap checkering? Can a Nighhawk be ordered without the frontsrap checkering at a reduced cost? The Enforcer II photo looks like it has Brown beavertail. Is it? Yes, if I was closer to ploping down a pile of cash, I would just call the company, but I'm still in the looking, thinking, planning stages of my quest for the ultimate Commander length 1911. Thanks.

· Banned
41 Posts
Neal,

The Bobtail is a $120.00 option (that is the list price, your dealer sets the actual selling price). I have never ordered any customers guns without the frontstrap checkering but my guess would be that there would be some reduction in cost. And I would also imagine that changing the checkering from 25 lpi to 30 lpi would also be an upgrade (it is more labor). I would call Craig at Nighthawk and tell him exactly what you are looking for. I am sure that NHC would be glad to give you a price or at least let you know if they can build a gun to your specifications (which I am sure they can). Then call several dealers and get their best price for a gun built exactly to your specs.

George
Gunslingers
www.migunslingers.com

· Registered
604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
gjtalia said:
Neal,

The Bobtail is a $120.00 option (that is the list price, your dealer sets the actual selling price). I have never ordered any customers guns without the frontstrap checkering but my guess would be that there would be some reduction in cost. And I would also imagine that changing the checkering from 25 lpi to 30 lpi would also be an upgrade (it is more labor). I would call Craig at Nighthawk and tell him exactly what you are looking for. I am sure that NHC would be glad to give you a price or at least let you know if they can build a gun to your specifications (which I am sure they can). Then call several dealers and get their best price for a gun built exactly to your specs.

George
Gunslingers
www.migunslingers.com
That sounds like a fair price for the bobtail option. The thing about checkering is the high cost. A piece of skateboard tape or sandpaper that cost a few cents can give me all the "grip" I need on the frontstrap, and checkering costs in the neighborhood of $175-250, depending on the lpi and who does it. The checkering on the frontstrap and/or MSH on one of my 1911's ate holes in a t-shirt when I was mowing while carrying in an IWB hoslter. The courser the checkering, the more it snags. That's why I was asking about the checkering. No courser than 30 lpi on a carry gun for me. The Nighthawks sure look appealing. :) Oh yea, they have some nice colors in the Perma-Cote, but I wish they were labled on the photos so I could tell which was what color. The black and green are easy to tell, but can't tell which is what of the other 3. Thanks much for the info.

· Banned
41 Posts
Neal,

On my website (www.migunslingers.com) under the inventory tab you can see the following color combinations (and they are labeled):
1) black on black
2) black on desert tan
3) black on titanium blue
4) black on sniper grey

Also, if you don't like the courseness of checkering, you can have them put serrations on the frontstrap and/or rear mainspring housing. Or maybe just stiple them a bit. They are a custom shop and they should do whatever you ask.

George
Gunslingers
www.migunslingers.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.