1911Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This section of the forum is kind of quiet, so here's something new. I've had this one for about 2 months. Nighthawk did a great job with this build taking a Talon III and adding some features from the T3. It's a Nighthawk Talon III with a 10-8 rear sight, VZ red/black grips, a T3 mainspring housing and magwell, and a recessed muzzle crown like the T3. The color is titanium blue Perma Kote on the bottom and black on the upper. The checkering is almost (but not quite) as good as a Pete Single checkered Novak build I have, the slide to frame fit is tight but not too tight and the blending at the rear of the slide/frame fit is perfect. The gun is a tack driver and 100% reliable so far. What looks like dust in the picture is just that, and what looks like a shadow above the trigger on the right side is from blurring the serial number.

A few threads ago, someone asked about their Nighthawk T3 with wear around the ejection port finish. Yes, the Perma Kote at the front edge of the ejection port is starting to show wear. This gun is a working gun and spray on finishes are going to wear like this in many guns. I've got a Ted Yost titanium Commander with Black T and it's ejection port looks like this also. I also have a Karl Sokol Springfield lightweight Compact with Wilson Armor Tuff and it also has the same wear at the ejection port.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Great looking pistol, I recently sent my Talon II to Nighthawk to have the 10-8 rear sights installed. I have not been able to make it to the range yet and test them out. Thanks for posting pics.

jhbsce94

·
Registered
33 Posts
I own three NHC pistols in the full size configuration, the Talon, 10-8, and Heini Tactical ,and I have to say that without qualification or hesitation they are the best buy in a modern practical M1911! I have owned a Wilson combat and currently have an engraved Thunder Ranch special with over 10,000 round through it and I would gladly get rid of my Les Baer for another Night Hawk in an instant.

The slide to frame fit is so smooth that it feels like the slide is on ball bearings and the bushing can actually be manipulated with your fingers unlike the Les Baers and Wilsons where a wrench is needed yet the NHC pistols are match grade accurate.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
What front site and rear site is that? Thanks, Tracy

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
There is a dedicated thread for Nighthawk photos. No need to start a second thread.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.