1911Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had bought a hi-power holster for my friends birthday and was blown away with the craftsmanship so I order one for my daily carry Counselor and boy, im in love with Nightingale. I've already ordered a commander holster.

This was dressed in shark over cordovan.

Reactions: erf7 and DRJ

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Classy holster with fine workmanship. Great to know artisans can still be found.
Use it in good health.

·
Registered
19 Posts
My experience with leather holsters has been with Bianci and Galco from the 80s. Very thick, not terribly rigid, and minimal dressing to the the gun. I bought a new 1911 and wanted a leather OWB holster for it. I'm not a particularly patient person so I was deciding on which maker I wanted to wait a half-year for their product was a bit daunting. Someone on this or TOOS mentioned Nightingale. I found what I was wanting in stock. I ordered it. When I opened the package I was shocked. At first glance I thought I was sent a kydex holster. The sides are thin and rigid. It's molded to the gun and my body. The finish (rough side out) it perfect matte finish. The gun fit perfectly without any break-in. I have an anniversary and birthday coming up so I'll be putting a few more holsters on my list.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Okay, guess I will be adding yet another holster to an already large collection. That is a beaut!

·
Registered
4,348 Posts
Very fine looking - shark and cordovan are both great leathers. Use it on good health.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts