1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Welp, I'm just about as frustrated as I can stand. Anthrax is being reported at most local post offices now. The government is putting us on high alert every other week. One town over from where I live, an Army soldier went berzerk and shot 2 MP's and 2 Civilian cops out in a farm market. I have come to find out that all summer I have been walking right past one of the terrorists down in Seaside Hights, 15 minutes from my house. The frustration?.... That I can not carry a weapon in this state to protect my family and myself!!!! I really feel violated and denied whats in my best interest.

------------------
George Orwell: "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

·
Registered
711 Posts
The frustration?.... That I can not carry a weapon in this state to protect my family and myself!!!! I really feel violated and denied whats in my best interest.
Same here. Illinois will NEVER wake up.

------------------
Matthew 24:6
"You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things MUST take place...

·
Registered
354 Posts
We Californians can comiserate with you. At least our weather is nice.

I really am worried about our nation. We have elected the stoopidest people into office and the sheeple just keep following.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lets all move to Vermont!

------------------
George Orwell: "That rifle on the wall of the labourer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there."

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Out of the frying pan and into the fire, or maybe it's the other way around ----- I moved from NJ to CA because of my work!

------------------
Regards,
AZFred

·
Banned
14,948 Posts
Kwitcherbitchin' !!!!!

At least y'all don't live in Canada.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ahhh, but that wouldnt apply to you now would it Mr. Agent Man!! Hehehe

------------------

[This message has been edited by shane45 (edited 11-01-2001).]

·
Registered
52 Posts
Shane:
Having lived in the "Peoples Republic of Taxachussetts" for most of my life, although they do have pistol permits (I think a dozen variations by now),I decided it was time to get the hell out! I sold my home in the city and moved up to the mountains of VA. Best thing I ever did! I don't know your background; family (married/single), occupation, etc; but when it becomes a hassle for whatever reason, it's time to think about relocating! In this area, jobs are plentiful and there is a lot of property for sale in the mountains. Hell, if I want to shoot, I go in the back yard. I even have my own 30 yd. archery range. When I want to see something other than deer, bears, hawks, eagles, etc; I go to town. The people are friendly (you can actually look someone in the eye without worrying about getting shived). You go to the grocery store for food, and you spend an hour talking to people you don't know! Nobody bothers you up here. The unwritten law is "you trespass and they pick up your remains". Gas was down to .97 cents a gallon a week ago! It's up to an alarming 1.03 a gallon now! The decision is yours! This area is only one example. There are many states that you can go and feel a hell of a lot safer!

"He who hesitates is Lost"

·
Registered
423 Posts
shane45 i feel for you, i was once a resident of that bastion of liberalism. got out six years ago, now i'm in ky. we have ccw, but i don't know why we can carry long as its showing. remember when IL DUCE FLORIO put in the assault weapons ban? i didn't sell mine out of state, or turn them in for destruction, just didn't take them out any more. still have my m1a, m1 carbine, and marlin .22 one more point shane45, NO DAMNED AUTO INSPECTION!!!!!!!! but if stopped they can fine you for what ever is wrong. as it should beany one ever spent an afternoon in the inspection line would appreciated it. ya'll have a good day

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by shane45:
Welp, I'm just about as frustrated as I can stand. Anthrax is being reported at most local post offices now. The government is putting us on high alert every other week. One town over from where I live, an Army soldier went berzerk and shot 2 MP's and 2 Civilian cops out in a farm market. I have come to find out that all summer I have been walking right past one of the terrorists down in Seaside Hights, 15 minutes from my house. The frustration?.... That I can not carry a weapon in this state to protect my family and myself!!!! I really feel violated and denied whats in my best interest.

I know what you mean. I can guess that you live in TR. I'm waiting for permits and there is so much BS going on. I'm right near the main post office in Monmouth Cty, literally less than 3500 ft line of sight. Hell, yeah the anthrax thing is getting to me as well.

The Seaside thing, I know exactly the spot.

Living in between 4 military installations (Earle, Fort Monmouth, McGuire, even Dix)doesn't exactly make me feel at ease.

Damn...

>>
Dodgie

------------------
I wonder if guns are like guitars.

Should a $2000 Custom make me shoot better compared to a $500 import?

I can play my $300 Jap guitar just as well as my $2000 Les Paul Custom.

·
Registered
975 Posts
Don't fret Shane45. Why, you should know by now that you are incapable of defending yourself, your family or your property. In fact, the state has set up things so that in theory, you don't own anything! Trust me, the boys in blue will be there to protect you from those evil anthrax spores...while they wear thick rubber suits.

Just joking. It sucks dude. People need to rally together and get legislation passed to legalize conceal-carry. Getting rid of every gun control law since 1968 would also be nice too....not likely any time soon though.

themao

·
Registered
203 Posts
Pack up and move. I love my new home state of Indiana, if ya pass the check, ya get the permit
I got my personal protection permit in 3 weeks...never looked back. If I go to the gun shop to purchase a new handgun, I slap my permit down, fill out the papers, pay the man, and off I go with my new gun. By the way, I used to live in Kalifornia, I don't miss it.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thank you all for your understanding and kind words. Papa G, that F CS MF DL Florio ban caused me all kinds of trouble with my AK that my landlord knew I had and called the PD on me. In the end all that happened was I lost a mint in the box AK folder but what a pain in the ass. I think the most sound advice is to beat it and move to an area of like minded individuals. SA45 Auto, your area sounds very nice! Exactly the kind of area I would like to go. TSans777, your right, Toms River is where I live. I work right near fort monmouth in Tinton Falls. How about a Peacfull but armed march right up the Garden State Parkway. 250,000 people weapons in hand walking up the parkway, that would be pretty interesting. Marching against all the BS gun laws. Hehehe.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Former TR, NJ boy here. Although my nickname is Alaska, I actually live in VA now. I know what you mean about Seaside Heights. That is scarey. I actually obtained an elusive NJ carry permit several years ago while working for an armored company. It took 9 months and was only good while on duty. Did I somehow become less trustworthy after work? When I moved to VA, I filled out one piece of paper and had my wife drop it off at the courthouse with a check for $50. Three weeks later the 5 year permit arrived in the mail. I moved to the beautiful Commonwealth of Virginia and never looked back. Freedom is a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Originally posted by shane45:
Thank you all for your understanding and kind words. Papa G, that F CS MF DL Florio ban caused me all kinds of trouble with my AK that my landlord knew I had and called the PD on me. In the end all that happened was I lost a mint in the box AK folder but what a pain in the ass. I think the most sound advice is to beat it and move to an area of like minded individuals. SA45 Auto, your area sounds very nice! Exactly the kind of area I would like to go. TSans777, your right, Toms River is where I live. I work right near fort monmouth in Tinton Falls. How about a Peacfull but armed march right up the Garden State Parkway. 250,000 people weapons in hand walking up the parkway, that would be pretty interesting. Marching against all the BS gun laws. Hehehe.
Too bad about that AK folder. What i would give to have one of those babies.

Florio...I'm still trying to figure out which of my friends voted for him. Sure wasn't me! Count me in as far as that march. Every person that I'm friends with is pro-gun so we could get a nice bunch.

Let's see how it goes next few years. I have only 1 voting requirement. Are they pro-gun.

Nuff said.

Hey Alaska...greetings from the Jersey shore

·
Registered
913 Posts
I'm in Wisconsin now. No CCW, but not a huge hassle.

My recommendation- MOVE TO NEW HAMPSHIRE! NO state income tax, no sales tax, one of the lowest overall tax burdens in the country. State motto- "Live free, or die" Less gov't is better. Guns of all types are welcome.

·
Registered
423 Posts
hi guys i was born and raised in camden county, last nj adress was gloucester city. shane45 how could you let your landlord know about the ak? never, never, ever let any one know what you have. my family knows i have guns, but never ever lethem know how many or what kinds. i'll bet the landlord must have been a florio lover!!!!!!!. ya jest gotta get out of their.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts