1911Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just picked up a brand new parkerized mil-spec today. It's my first springfield, so I was a little disappointed when I got it home and fond that the left grip mpanel was cracked at both scre holes. Luckily I had a set of hogues waiting but you would think springfield would be able to keep this problem from reoccuring so much. I called and they're sending a replacement.

Anyway I also see that it has an NM serial number. I understand from a recent thread that this means national match and oversize rails for hand fitting. I'm surprised to see this on a $450 gun. Are there other prefixes besides NM and PC?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
norton said:
Anyway I also see that it has an NM serial number. I understand from a recent thread that this means national match and oversize rails for hand fitting. I'm surprised to see this on a $450 gun. Are there other prefixes besides NM and PC?
Not quite. The NM prefix simply means that the gun was FINISHED in the US (the slide/frame are still forged at Imbel) whereas the N prefix means that the gun was entirely built at Imbel.

You can read more about it here......

Do SA guns with serial number starting with "NM" have no marking?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Glad you cleared that up because I was wondering too. I never believed the gun store expert telling me it was national match - just didn't seem right.

No, I didn't pay more for it thinking it was national match!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts