1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi guys well i am doing a complete tear down to clean her up. i have a few Springfield 1911 and i know how to break em down in the dark. BUT i am stuck on this kimber and i do not want to force parts making a mistake on such a nice pistol.

i am having a problem removing the ambi safety, it doesn't seem to be like a normal 1911 where i just pull out the ambi side, it seems to be rotating on a notch that the ambi saftey side has a channel it rotates up and down in.

any advise or break downs? i have the manual but it doesn't even show that side in the manual. so i am stuck at the moment.

thank you for any advise.

·
Premium Member
15,298 Posts
Have you looked at the stickied thread titled "A good Series II disassembly thread" at the top of this forum?

Not sure if it goes into the level of detail you want, but it's a start.

·
Premium Member
872 Posts
To remove this safety, just cock the hammer, wiggle the left side and pull it out of the gun (like any ole 1911). Then rotate the right side up and off the retaing pin.

Easy to do!

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
500 Magnum Nut said:
To remove this safety, just cock the hammer, wiggle the left side and pull it out of the gun (like any ole 1911). Then rotate the right side up and off the retaing pin.

Easy to do!

thank you.

feel free to delete this thread if there is to many duplicates of this same topic.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts