1911Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got an email from the RRA guys, and bodycoat is no longer an option. I guess the lead-times were too much for them.

·
Premium Member
4,787 Posts
Yes, it is official. Rock River Arms no longer offers the BodyCote Diamond Black finish. It is unfortunate, as the finish is beautiful and durable. But the decision was made in the interest of customer service. For that we should be understanding, if not appreciative.

Be well!

Damian

·
Registered
351 Posts
Ah Geeze...

Anyone have a pic of one without this finish? So we get hard chrome and regular blued now? The one I have been eyeing has that finish. That's one of the reasons RRA's struck me so much.

Well, I better quit stalling...

·
Banned
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was also told they do parkerized for the same price as blued.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey White Spider, that Ltd looks familiar.

I almost bought that one, twice! It was for sale near here twice, and both times, I was in-between money.

That is one very nice looking 1911. (I did wind up with a similar Ltd, also from '00, but hard-chromed frame.)

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
found apossible resource

Hello,
I've been researching bodycoat and have found the metalurgist coporation that does it - they're actually all over the place and its called a BodyCote treatment process. They have referred me to one of their eastern locations and implied I could sent a frame, slide, or whatever for the treatment if it is appropriate for the type of metal. I don't think this is something that can be done to aluminum - could be wrong though.

I haven't spoken to the east coast operation yet but I must admit I love the look of that bodycote finish!

best,
Galileo

1 - 11 of 11 Posts