1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It looks like "Factory Gun Nationals" was a failure, and USPSA is going back to a single championship in '04. Was the problem that there just isn't enough interest in the new divisions to warrant their own match, or was it the scheduling of the match at PASA in July that kept people away!!!!! I went to the first FGN, and you'll never catch me in Barry in July, again. Now that the match has been moved to September, I wonder if attendance will spike?

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I sent an application for the last one, but cancelled promptly, ' got too busy with other things :( (its July you know). I'm definitely planning on going next year. I believe its the schedule not lack of interest in those division. I see more L-10 and production competitors on the 2 clubs I shoot with regularly, compared to the other divisions.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Nationals

Yea, looking forward to the Nationals being at PASA. Haven't attended cause to far away.. Easy 5 hr drive from home...

·
Registered
674 Posts
I have noted that our club there are more limited10 and production shooters but they are not the people that travel to the big matches. If you look at the FGN you will note that a fairly large percentage of these people normally shoot limted or open but go to the FGN becasue they can. They shoot what is there. Given their druthers they would druther shoot limited or open.
Ed Henry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts