1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,805 Posts
Good story, Brocko.
I think the home owner did a great job and the LEO's were great at supporting him.
Respects, Pedro.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Well, we don't always have to fire do we?

And we won't always be so excited we will fire.

And the double-sided keyed deadbolt FORCED the bad guy to go back out the way (it seems) he came and cut himself badly in the process. I'm going for the double sided key dead bolts soon.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Great story about a well armed, well trained gun owner, with commendable presence of mind.

“This isn’t Pleasantville anymore,” Elliott said.

His department has worked more break-ins over the last five months than in one or two years previously".

Call 'em what you want, the "zombies" are on the rise. Be alert and ready at all times.

Inscribed on the blade of a conquistador's sword found in the southwestern desert many years ago: "Draw me not without reason--Sheath me not without honor". It's center target how much this sage advice still carries great wisdom.

·
Registered
7,488 Posts
I'm going for the double sided key dead bolts soon.
Consider that carefully. It's not ideal to have to find your keys to escape from your burning house at night. I don't know about other places, but they're a code violation here, for that reason.
L.

·
Registered
3,219 Posts
Code violation in Oregon eh? Big surprise there! LOL

Thanks for the advice but I've already planned for that. My 2nd floor is so close to the ground a jump from any window is a short one. I also plan to install a key lockbox beside each door with the key inside.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts