1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
HI Kurt

Yes they were and they are around just pretty scarce. I know JimV has been looking for one for awhile without sucess. Good luck in your quest. Love to send you down a pair!

Stay Safe

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Ahem...our Esteemed Moderator isn't the only one looking high and low for a NorinCommander. This quest sometimes makes me feel like that fictional dude with the lamp, who was sent on a eternal search for an honest man..:scratch: What was his name, the Mythology part of my brain isn't awake yet?

I'm betting there were no more than a couple hundred Norinco "Compacts" that made it in before the ban, but Jim V. is the one who's done mountains of reasearch on the topic, he would know best.

·
Registered
4,832 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Brian Dover said:
I'm betting there were no more than a couple hundred Norinco "Compacts" that made it in before the ban, but Jim V. is the one who's done mountains of reasearch on the topic, he would know best.
Yikes! If it's that few, I won't even bother looking. Anyone who has one would be nuts to let it go for what I would be able to pay. Too bad, I'd love to have one.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
It's just a guess. Probably should have typed "no more than a couple hundred, give or take a thousand or so. ;) It's just that I get around to a good many shows, and can only remember seeing one NorinCommander in person. This was in the days before I became a certifiable..um, certified Norincomaniac, so I didn't buy it.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
I am not worthy. Perhaps vee shud get into zee business unt like it was during prohibition.

I can see it now high speed boats racing across Lake Eirie in the dead of night trading Norc Commanders for 4" S&W .22 cal Kit Guns (my holly grail) with Homeland Security, FBI, CIA, ATF, Michigan State Police, RCMP, CCIS, OPP in hot pursuit. All under the watchful eye of the Militia Volunteers and Satalite cameras. LOL

Stay Safe

Nork A1 (2)
Nork C
Nork A1 9MM
Should get another Nork C to stay as issued

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
You asked for this robertbank:

I can just see it now. The illegal Norincos-for-Smiths trading in and around Lake Erie gets so wild that NBC makes a new cop show about it, based in Toledo of course:

Maumee Vice:rofl: Episodes filmed on location in the Buckeye Carribbean!

Btw Mr. Bank, several of my friends and I all own S&W Model 18s. However, we never knew it 'til some of us volunteered to help out a local Boy Scout troop with their firearms merit badges one weekend. Five Rimfire Combat Masterpieces all in one place!

·
Registered
9,204 Posts
How many Norinco Models of the 1911A1-C as they called them made it into the US? Most likely not more than 2,000 from what I can tell. Far less than the nickled ones which were far less than the Blued and/or Parkerized* ones.

My dream is to hit an auction and find both a NIB Norinco "Commander"** and a nickled 1911A1. Not an on line auction either but an in person, bid against the other guy and hope you win. Right now handguns go pretty cheap at auctions in my neck of the woods. Well, I guess I'll change what my dream is to add another Parkerized pistol and another blued one.

:D :D :p
* Parkerized/Parkerizing are tradmarks of the Parker Company that developed the finish. To make their attornies happy.
** Commander is a registered trademark of the Colt Firearms Company. Just to make any of the Colt legal eagles happy.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
Brian Dover

Oh you are a cruel man.

I bet they all were four inchers as well.

See I don't have the ability to own a 4" gun up here so IF I were ever to get one by hook or by crook nobody will ever know. One went on the canadiangunnutz forum for under $300 Cdn. Made me cry. NIB at that!

I think it is time I took a drive down to the good ole USA and visit my dad. With my luck I probably would end up visiting every gun store in ****** without finding one. Heck if I get stopped by customs I'll just tell them it followed me home. LOL. Maybe I can get a Norinco Commander to JimV in the process. Just kidding (ATF, FBI, Homeland Security, CIA, Washington Militia, and Hillary). LOL

You have to love our dumb ass laws up here. GD Liberals, oh well an election is coming in the new year and maybe we can convince the idiots in Ontario to vote Conservative this time around. Failing that, tell Bush we have the bomb, you guys invade us , we get the 2nd Amendment life is good- if it helps I''ll tell you when are Army goes for lunch.

He usually is gone about noon local time.

Stay Safe

ps We have to be careful about running guns across Lake Erie we might get run over by the drug, and cigarette boats.

·
Banned
2,929 Posts
I speak in code, the Illonois Police maybe monitoring...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Jim,

A shop round here has a like new Nickle Norinco with the box for $400 or so round here.
PM for more info.

Anthony

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
KillitnGrillit said:
I wonder what a Norinco Commander here in the states would sell for?
I bought an excellent condition one last year (no box or manual, etc.) for $319.00 at a Crossroads shows in Phoenix.

·
Premium Member
9,804 Posts
why dont these companies (colt included) take the time to blend and finish their BT safeties...the XSE's and this one all have a giant gap between BT and frames...I understand it takes longer/labor but why not go the extra few inches and make it flush when all it does is make an otherwise very beautiful gun look unfinished? makes it look like someone dropped in an aftermarket 3rd party BT...am very curious...would it make the gun 50 bucks more, 100 bucks more or even more than that? It doesnt make sense to me other than being a cost cutter...but just how much cost is cut by leaving them gapped and unblended?

BTW, that Norinco is awesome!!! just the BT would be nagging at me...no offense taken I hope...you are a lucky one finding that up in Canada.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts