1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of grabbing another norinco($339) but i'm on the fence i'm also looking at another A/O army ww2 copy too.($449 brand new). I have another norinco thats flawless and another A/O army that shoots great too. I'd like to add another one but which one?

Is there another good 1911 thats either $500 or under $500 that i should be looking at?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Agreed with Ninety-Eight.

If I'd run across a Norinco for $350 or around it, I'd bite on it.
I personally feel they're better firearms than Auto Ordnances, with better steel... but even if I'm wrong on that one, they're not importing Norincos anymore. Get 'em while you can....

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
Hunterex said:
Agreed with Ninety-Eight.

If I'd run across a Norinco for $350 or around it, I'd bite on it.
I personally feel they're better firearms than Auto Ordnances, with better steel... but even if I'm wrong on that one, they're not importing Norincos anymore. Get 'em while you can....
Agree and couldn't of said it better.

·
Registered
362 Posts
Agree. Norincos are a much more solid basic platform. They are much more acceptable to top-tier custom gunsmiths like Wilson & Baer for a reason: their high-quality steel allows them to hold frame-to-slide fit and resist deformation better than some other models. They sometimes have their issues, but basically their major components are better.

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:rock: My first norinco had a very loose barrel bushing in the slide and on the barrel. I did purchase it to build a 1911 or tweek it in the best i could. I purchased a cheap new 1911 45acp barrel, a IAI national match barrel bushing to get me started. I fitted the barrel bushing to the slide to the point were the bushing wrench just turns it in. Its a little snug not too tight. Then with the national match barrel bushing I relieved the upper front section and the rear lower section so the barrel can swivel when it cycles up and down freely yet when its in full battery the rear section of the upper part and the front section of the lower part hold the barrel firmly when its in full battery. It goes into the barrel lugs fine too. This is my first attempt at tweeking a 1911. I guess I did something right it shoots 3 shot cloverleafs @ 25 yds with who ever shoots it. I haven't touched the really loose frame rails yet but i did buy the swage tools to do tighten it up a little. Should i do the frame rails too?

I think i'm going for the norinco i'm sure its still there.

·
Registered
5,031 Posts
1911crazy, if you're shooting three shot cloverleafs at 25 yards and unless you are shooting a sport that demands more than that and I don't know what that would be, I don't think tightening the slide will do much. Get the other Norinco and fit another barrel.

·
Registered
743 Posts
A Norinco that I bought new when they first began selling in the states for around $200. A great, tight, good shooting firearm. I made the grips from a piece of walnut. Ren

·
Registered
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup as soon as my pension check arrives i'll be on it like flies on dung your right.:biglaugh: Then next month i may go after another auto ordnance 1911a1 the one with the larger sites.

I'm just shooting for fun but i'm serious about accuracy.

I have had great success with the $59 barrel from sportsmans guide and the national match IAI barrel bushing from CDNN.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Finally!!

Hello guys!

I'm happy to see there are other people out there that really like Norinco
1911's. Where I live (in The Netherlands) it's all S&W, Colt en Glock. The few people who own Norinco rather don't say they own one. They shoot a "1911".

Personally I don't know a better 1911 than the Norinco. If you're talking about a "straight from the box" gun. Not to compare with the high-priced custom guns, but what factory gun is?

I've handled Colt, Springfield, Les Baer and even a few Kimbers and I'm always happy to see that my ChiCom .45 does it's job on a par or even better than the above mentioned.

·
Banned
410 Posts
I did see a $350 Norinco 1911 at the Fort Worth gun show this past weekend. However it had been someones amateur gun smithing project that didn't go real well.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
sniper8421, welcome and keep posting. This is my #2 Norinco and I do not think it turned out too shabby for a carry piece. My #2 Norinco has a match barrel bushing, McCormick (trigger, sear, hammer, and grip safety), trigger job, Novak sights, carry bevel, and it was refinished. If I lived in the one of the Low Countries I would talk about it. Regards, Richard:dope:

·
Registered
31 Posts
Here's mine

Here's a picture of my Norinco. As you can see I did some work on it. For the purists under you, yes I know, it's not done neatly. It was the first time I worked on my gun myself.

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
I saw a SA mil-Spec for $400 a week ago at a Pawn Shop. I would have bought it but I just pikced up a Rock Island a week before. I would go with a $350+ or - Norinco but I would be looking into a used SA first.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts