1911Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide what to do about a craving I have for a stock "early" (looking) 1911. I've seen a Colt circa 1916 that is refinished (no real collector value) and "cheap" but I'm wondering whether I'd be just as happy with a Norinco or Sistema? The Sistema's that I've seen are a little more costy than the Norincos but they are still both a lot cheaper than the Colt. This would be my knocking around the sticks gun. I'd appreciate any comments or opinions about which way to go. Thanks!

John

·
Registered
743 Posts
John, I have three Colts and one Norinco. All four are great handguns. For what you are looking for I would choose the Norinco because of the price difference and a good shooting piece. Ren

·
Registered
417 Posts
If you want a shooter with no "history" or "old-world charm", get the Norinco. Otherwise, get the Sistema. I had the same dilema, and got the Sistema.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
levallois, the Sistema Colt 1927 is, for all practical purposes, a Colt. I have been well pleased with mine after updating it. With this said, I also love my two 'rinco 1911A1s. Regards, Richard:dope:

My Sistema Colt 1927:

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
jonnyc and richard,

I appreciate the replies. I am leaning toward the Sistema because of what jonnyc mentioned: the history of these guns appeals to me. Let's see if i can find a decent one locally - I like to look at the guns I buy in person - the internet is a crap-shoot IMHO.

John

1 - 5 of 5 Posts