1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Albert, Burn1bob, AKM and any other new Norinco owners, write up a range report (good or bad) about your new pistols and post 'em once you get a chance to burn some ammo through 'em.

Sob, I want another Norinco.....(Please note there are NO periods in sob......

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
6 Posts
Went out to the range the other day...I just had to fire the thing!
Only put about 60 rounds of Winchester white box (230gr. hardball)through it.
Round # 1- just so see if it worked...

Rounds # 2-7- This is a bit boomier than my 9mm...

Rounds 8-15- 15yd. standing, 2 handed grip- Would'nt group worth a S---!

Rounds 16-60- Tried several different stances, with the pistol beginning to tighten up.The sights were off about 3" to the right, but the group size got down to about 1 1/4" per 3 rounds @ 15 yds.

Next time I'll take my pistol rest to the range and see what happens at 25 yards and 50.

Tight Groups...

·
Registered
116 Posts
First thing I did when I got the Norinco was send the slide off to Clarks to have a 460 barrel fit. Once I get it back I'll head to the range and try it with both the 45 and 460 barrels.

------------------
No Second Place Winner

·
Registered
33 Posts
I just finished my Norinco project and had a lot of fun building it up. Got it last March for $300, had about 200 rounds through it. Finish was pretty scratched up from the previous owner trying to disassembe it. I started with removing the scratches and rust spots in slide. I stalled a Kart barrel & bushing, Wilson combat trigger, sear & disconnector, Ed Brown guide rod, Hi-Viz front sight that I blended into slide (no machine cut -looks like it was born with it), Millet rear sight, and some instruction from the Kunhasuen collection. Took it to the range and fired 200 rounds. Best group was with 200gr SWC lead at 40ft. 1 1/2 group.
What a hoot and faboulous 1911 - highly recommend.
I'll include some photos once my camera starts working!

[This message has been edited by 1911fun (edited 09-03-2001).]

[This message has been edited by 1911fun (edited 09-04-2001).]

·
Registered
33 Posts
Some photos of my Norinco project - my first.

Try the post at the bottom -photos have infuriating today.

Thanks!
1911fun

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Very nice! The second one scared me though
I Don't ever want to be looking at it that way again !!

------------------
The defensive firearm is a special-purpose piece of safety rescue equipment, designed to extricate a person . . . from the immediate threat of savagely violent crime. It is like the fire extinguisher. . . . Neither piece of equipment will do you any good if you don't know how to use it or are not psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands in a terror situation.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lupey,
I should have been quicker to point out that it was check and unloaded when picture was taken. Safety first!!!
Good look at the Kart barrel & bushing end of business, guide rod too.
Thanks!

Oops! DBL POST

·
Registered
33 Posts
Lupey,
I should have been quicker to point out that it was checked and unloaded when picture was taken. Safety first!!!
Good look at the Kart barrel & bushing end of business, guide rod too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
1911. Thought as much. I was just stating that I never want to be on the end of the .45. Looking down the "wrong end"

------------------
The defensive firearm is a special-purpose piece of safety rescue equipment, designed to extricate a person . . . from the immediate threat of savagely violent crime. It is like the fire extinguisher. . . . Neither piece of equipment will do you any good if you don't know how to use it or are not psychologically prepared to face danger with that gear in your trained hands in a terror situation.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
For some reason, I don't get the pictures. All that is there is a box with a red X in it.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
33 Posts
Jim V,
Let me know if these come through ok. They are from Netscape and you may be using Explorer.

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yep, Explorer. Still no photos.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
116 Posts
I mentioned on another board that I was doing the 460 conversion on a Norinco and was promptly told I was taking my life in my hands doing the conversion on a "cheap Chinese imitation 1911" "known to have poor heat-treating". I didn't bother to correct the guy since those kinds of net-know-it-alls don't listen anyway.

------------------
No Second Place Winner

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
It is surprising how many people bad mouth the Norinco. I don't think they have ever had any experience with them. Think maybe it is because they Chinese.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Lupey (edited 09-04-2001).]

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wonder if those that bad mouth the Norinco pistols as being junk have clothing, clocks, computers, cell phones, VCRs, TVs, CD players, caculators etc made in China in their homes.

I was visiting a friend one day and he was really tearing into my choice of 1911s because the money spent for the gun was going to the PRC government (this was well after the banning of their importation) while he was hooking up his new big screen TV that was marked all over the box, MADE IN CHINA.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
33 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Negative Ghostrider. Didn't work

------------------

·
Registered
116 Posts
"You have reached a restricted area." Seems like they're password protected or something.

------------------
No Second Place Winner

·
Registered
9,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I get "Area 51" signs too.

------------------
Ne Conjuge Nobiscum
MOLON LABE
Leonidas c 480 BC
FFF

·
Registered
33 Posts
Ok one more time - if this does not work. I'll email them to you - if you would like.
Let me know! Sorry for the photo fiasco.

Click on this to see them in a community forum. When in the forum just click on picture for bigger size,
http://communities.msn.com/ARfunland/shoebox.msnw

[This message has been edited by 1911fun (edited 09-05-2001).]

[This message has been edited by 1911fun (edited 09-05-2001).]

1 - 20 of 27 Posts