1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up a nearly-new Norinco 1911 over the weekend. Nicest one for fit and finish I have ever seen. However, the disappointment with this pistol lies in the fact that it has a trigger that feels like it's about ten pounds, and you can feel the disconnector dragging hard on the underside of the slide when you hand cycle it. When I buy a 1911 new or used, I detail strip it and put in a Wilson spring kit with an 18.5# recoil spring. I am thinking when I do this, I can get some of the tension off the trigger and disconnector as well. I did a Search, and what I came up with was to be very careful when loosening tension on the sear spring. I don't want the thing going full auto, nor do I want hammer follow. Don't have a trigger-pull gauge. I don't plan on having a "trigger job" done on this one, but I do want a more manageable trigger than what it now has, and I don't want the disconnector dragging so hard. I know that the right hand leaf controls nothing but the grip safety tension, so leave it alone. Can I have some pointers on the best way to accomplish this myself. I figured I'd ask before starting to mess around with it and creating a dangerous situation.

·
Registered
472 Posts
My Norinco had very heavy trigger. I replaced the Norinco sear spring with a Colt spring and lightly stoned the hammer and sear using a fixture. The difference was dramatic.

·
Registered
7,459 Posts
I picked up a nearly-new Norinco 1911 over the weekend. Nicest one for fit and finish I have ever seen. However, the disappointment with this pistol lies in the fact that it has a trigger that feels like it's about ten pounds, and you can feel the disconnector dragging hard on the underside of the slide when you hand cycle it. When I buy a 1911 new or used, I detail strip it and put in a Wilson spring kit with an 18.5# recoil spring. I am thinking when I do this, I can get some of the tension off the trigger and disconnector as well. I did a Search, and what I came up with was to be very careful when loosening tension on the sear spring. I don't want the thing going full auto, nor do I want hammer follow. Don't have a trigger-pull gauge. I don't plan on having a "trigger job" done on this one, but I do want a more manageable trigger than what it now has, and I don't want the disconnector dragging so hard. I know that the right hand leaf controls nothing but the grip safety tension, so leave it alone. Can I have some pointers on the best way to accomplish this myself. I figured I'd ask before starting to mess around with it and creating a dangerous situation.

What part of NC? I live in Greensboro, and the Gander Mtn had a comped Norc last week. $$$$ is tight right now, or it would have come home with me. Tracy

·
Registered
353 Posts
The disconnector dragging hard against the slide is a clue. Obviously it should be free to move up and down. it is possible the disconnector is short and the middle sear finger is caught not allowing the disconnector to freely go down when pushed down by the lower slide rail. The disconnector over all length should be 1.302" +.002". Unfortunately disconnectors seem to be made with no attention to the original Colt drawings.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts