1911Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello gentleman , need to know if this is normal wear on these Wilson models , I have two Colt commander models and this wear is not present , gun has been 100 % reliable thank you for your input ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439563115.000269.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439563126.900344.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439563144.953381.jpg

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
I am not sure I understand exactly where ? Can you please provide more specific location of this wear in question.

·
Premium Member
13,776 Posts
It is considered "normal" from what I can see in the pics...Just make sure it is "superficial" and it is smooth when you run your finger over it.
C.A.
PS I always put a small drop of oil on that spot just for the heck of it.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ca i can feel it that's why I'm concerned , Adam there are three very clear pics , as I stated maybe the rear part of the guide rod hitting .

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
It does not look like normal wear to me. I would contact WC CS with pics attached - and my feeling is that they'll want the pistol back. If they have any concerns they'll make it right.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
We just installed a Wilson flat spring setup on his kimmie , thank you for your time sir , believe me , that Wilson will be shot .

·
Super Moderator
14,626 Posts
We just installed a Wilson flat spring setup on his kimmie , thank you for your time sir , believe me , that Wilson will be shot .
I did that on my Kimber Super Carry Pro and had to relieve a little material off the head of the guide rod - it had raised a slight ding on that channel where it sits. Works perfect now. I used a small medium whet stone.

·
Super Moderator
14,626 Posts
G50 ae thanks I'll try that , not that there are any malfunctions , just cautious .
No problem; I actually waited a little too long to do that, so had a slight ridge to relieve on that channel in the frame as well - just enough to remove that ridge. The guide rod head did not take a lot of stoning, probably took about 45 minutes total.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts