1911Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know of any high quality gunsmiths in North Carolina? I would rally like to have a 1911 built by one of the more famous gunsmiths but I know there are alot of guys out there that do good work. Any of them in NC??

·
Registered
641 Posts
Larry Vickers is in Fayetteville NC. He may not be famous now but give him 2 weeks, thats when his American Handgunner article hits the newstands.

------------------
Chris from va

·
Registered
36 Posts
I can't remember the guys name (sorry) but he has Randolph Shooting Supply. The name of the town is lost to me also. But it is off of 220 outside of Asheboro, NC. I know this is a pretty sorry response but it has been a year and some change since I moved from there. Also, you could contact Wayne Bernauer at Montgomery Community College in Troy, NC. He is the head of the Gunsmithing School there. He could probably point you to a former student who he knows can do the work right and at a good price because they are just starting out. Sean

·
Registered
15 Posts
There is also Kapp, located in Raleigh at the Personal Defense and Handgun Safety Range. The work he has done for me has been outstanding. longhair

·
Registered
90 Posts
I agree. Kapp Ogburn is an excellent gunsmith. He has customized at least four guns for me and has built several for top competitors in IPSC and IDPA. Call him at (919) 661-0310. Tell him that I referred you.

------------------
Chief

1 - 6 of 6 Posts