1911Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Which would you reccomend first, the NEB or the Penns, and does the price for the Penns include shipping?

· Registered
15,190 Posts
oooh, tough call

I have no idea on retail cost for either.

Bullet-wise, both can be very good, so I'm going to dodge that question by suggesting that YOU try both can buy small quanities, and perhaps request samples of each to compare.

All very Solomon-like, ay?

· Registered
533 Posts
I bouhgt my last batch from NEB. Very happy with the bullets in all regards except one. DON'T get the moly coating. It gets all over your fingers while loading and I don't think it's enough of a lube to make a difference in leading of the barrel (just a powder tumble coat). You're right, the price is great. I'll order from them again and get them without the moly.

Goog

· Registered
264 Posts
I ordered some Penns about a month ago. Still waiting. $119 for 2225or 70# of 200gr. swc. Ordered some from NE, ahd 'em in about a week or less and they are alot cheaper. When the Penns show up I'll still load them, but that'll be the last I order from them.

Mike

· Registered
9 Posts
I found out about NEB when I was trying locate some "plinkers" for my 500 S&W.
NEB's price, 1,000 330 gr. for $56.00 shipped to my door. I am not impressed with the moly coated ones on the first order,(this gets a little messy on your hands.) But,so what? Once they are loaded they work fine.
They will get further business from me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.