1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
I thought this (from linked article) was interesting:

"Shortly after of the attack Norway’s national police directorate said it had ordered officers nationwide to carry firearms. Norwegian police are normally unarmed but officers have access to guns and rifles when needed."

Sounds like a really prepared police force....I suppose they normally just tell the criminals to stop. Very civilized.

And if that doesn't work, tell them "I'll be back later".

---

On another angle, it appears that the number of victims is unknown. Tragically, there may be many more.

One wonders if the assailant was homegrown and inspired by the mass murder several years ago -- Anders Breivik. Or if this was yet another "peaceful immigrant seeking a better life".

·
Registered
387 Posts
I thought this (from linked article) was interesting:

"Shortly after of the attack Norway’s national police directorate said it had ordered officers nationwide to carry firearms. Norwegian police are normally unarmed but officers have access to guns and rifles when needed."

Sounds like a really prepared police force....I suppose they normally just tell the criminals to stop. Very civilized.
They use verbal mitigation techniques.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Nothing worse than 'bow violence'...... or is 'arrow assault'? Can't remember which. Either way, we need more common sense archery laws.

Side note: So, how does Robin Hood manage to casually stroll through the city center and surrounding areas and mange to pick off 5 people without someone hitting him over the head with a 2X4? Was he a Comanche, perhaps? Also noticed that they called in the bomb squad. Was he using flaming arrows? It's not my intention to come across as callous, but the world is a mean place, it doesn't pay to be sheep.

·
Premium Member
9,678 Posts
Imagine that... back about 8 years ago when the "Hunger Games" was the No. 1 Young Adult/Teen movie, the summer camps that featured archery and bow & arrow target lessons were fully booked. All those liberal soccer mommies driving Volvo SUVs were rushing to enrolled their darling little sweetie pies into those summer camps to learn the art of archery while demanding that assault weapons like ARs and AKs be banned. After all... no one needs a weapon of war.

Oh... the irony!!!

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nothing worse than 'bow violence'...... or is 'arrow assault'? Can't remember which. Either way, we need more common sense archery laws.

Side note: So, how does Robin Hood manage to casually stroll through the city center and surrounding areas and mange to pick off 5 people without someone hitting him over the head with a 2X4? Was he a Comanche, perhaps? Also noticed that they called in the bomb squad. Was he using flaming arrows? It's not my intention to come across as callous, but the world is a mean place, it it doesn't pay to be sheep.
✅ They might have to call for serial numbers, bow locks, arrows locks, 5 day waits to take possession, etc to keep their citizens safe. Think they may ban open carry?? 😄

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
It really shouldn't be so difficult to determine if this was terrorist inspired. The perp's last name should be an easy giveaway.

But I wouldn't be surprised if this particular perp proves to be a home-grown nut case. If so, he'll receive a comfy room, good food, the best psychiatric and medical care, reading materials, writing materials, etc...all at taxpayers expense.

And no concerns about any painful or lethal punishment. Norway is too civilized for any such measures.

Leftism at it's best.

Reactions: ruffdup

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
Well nuts does this mean Wrist Rockets and Hindu Yo Yo's are next.
Bet so. And any martial arts/Bruce Lee artifacts are surely scheduled for confiscation.

Reactions: ruffdup

·
Administrator
75,397 Posts
At this rate they're eventually going to start banning pointed scissors.

·
Registered
15,954 Posts
I shot bows like a machine for many years before I became fascinated with firearms. A man with a bow can do a terrible amount of damage very quickly and with almost no sound. I would be more more worried about a skilled bowman than some punk with an "assault rifle" if someone really wanted to kill me.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts