1911Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traded a Special Forces and a new DW Cbob 10m/m last May at my local gun shop. Oh boy in 90 days I'll have a new Ed Brown Cbob railed with gen3 finish. Also with Hinnie sights, well here it is October late and no SF. I tried to call EB and inquire, but was told to contact my dealer. Dealer says all done BUT the Hinnie sights are taking longer to get. This was last month. Well don't know who to be upset with but I'm thinking about getting my money and calling EB to voice my displeasure. But i can only expect the same attatude that is growing more and more now days, That sorry about that will be all that is said end of story. So in all this rant and rave I've accomplished not one Damn thing. Buyer beware! Enjoy what you have Big brother IS watching and waiting to take from you what our fathers and their fathers before gave to make our country what we have today. Doesn't look so good does it. Thanks :(

·
Registered
61 Posts
Sounds like Heinie is holding your pistol up. Considering this is out of the hands of EB and your dealer, why make waves with either one?

This is the firearms industry. Things move a little slower. If the question was posed to you, "Do you want it done fast, or do you want it done right?" you would choose the latter.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Timpe,
I don't know who your dealer is, or how he handles his Ed Brown orders, but when I order a pistol from Ed that will have a different sight on it, I provide the sight to Ed for installation when I place the order. Maybe I've misread your post, but I don't think EB is at fault here or requiring a rant. In their defense, they have told me in the past that depending on which Heinie you supply, it can be a little more work, but I'm not getting the delay part here.
Anyway, good luck, and hopefully you'll be pleased with your pistol!
Allan

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Oh boy in 90 days I'll have a new Ed Brown Cbob railed with gen3 finish.
I've discovered the problem.....there is no such thing as a Ed Brown Cbob. Cbob is the name of the knock-off clone Ed Brown gun which is a favorite of the cultists in another forum subsection. :D

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
I've discovered the problem.....there is no such thing as a Ed Brown Cbob. Cbob is the name of the knock-off clone Ed Brown gun which is a favorite of the cultists in another forum subsection. :D
Well hell Kruzr, that wasn't very nice.:( I didn't join a cult, just bought a gun, that's all.:scratch::D

·
Premium Member
13,220 Posts
Well hell Kruzr, that wasn't very nice.:( I didn't join a cult, just bought a gun, that's all.:scratch::D
What's that at the end of your signature? (An ad for a sanitary product?)

:D

But back to the OP, if Brown said to check with your dealer, are you sure your dealer wasn't supposed to supply the Heinie sight to Brown?

·
Premium Member
8,055 Posts
I don't have a CBob. But I am in the cult, um group. :biglaugh: Namneeohhorengeycyo.

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
+1 :biglaugh:

·
Banned
4,761 Posts
Would love to own a Brown...DW just happened to fit my wallet alittle better. The "knock off DW" is a pretty good bang for the buck. As for the COTEP thing....a sense of humor goes along way, try it sometime.:)

·
Registered
626 Posts

Thought you might want to see one of those knock offs since you made the comment. This one tuned up by Chuck Rogers and I still had about $800.00 left over for ammo compared to buying one of those cool Kobra Carries. The name just sends shivers through my spine. LOL:biglaugh: Maybe the OP should consider getting his BOB back and doing a little work to it. He'd probably be shooting it right now! :eek: Oh, and as far as Cotep goes..you're just jealous Kruzr cause we can still afford ammo.:biglaugh:

·
Banned
4,761 Posts

Thought you might want to see one of those knock offs since you made the comment. This one tuned up by Chuck Rogers and I still had a about $800.00 left over for ammo compared to buying one of those cool Kobra Carries. The name just sends shivers through my spine. LOL:biglaugh: Maybe the OP should consider getting his BOB back and doing a little work to it. He'd probably be shooting it right now! :eek:
Yea...and SOME Brown owners need to give me their hand and I'll help em' down off that high horse.:) Nice guns however. Nice gun BTW...Jeff. Chuck does some great work.

·
Administrator
13,326 Posts
Let's try and get back on topic here gentlemen .

If in fact the sights are all that's holding things up , maybe as Allen suggests you can send them the sights ? Maybe Brownell's has them ?

As a dealer , I appreciate that EB want's to discuss orders only with the dealer and not the end purchaser . These conversations tend to lead to much confusion . Been there .

It's your money . Were it mine , I'd wait a little longer . Nov 1 contact your dealer again for a specific update . You're entitled .

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
Let's try and get back on topic here gentlemen .

If in fact the sights are all that's holding things up , maybe as Allen suggests you can send them the sights ? Maybe Brownell's has them ?

As a dealer , I appreciate that EB want's to discuss orders only with the dealer and not the end purchaser . These conversations tend to lead to much confusion . Been there .

It's your money . Were it mine , I'd wait a little longer . Nov 1 contact your dealer again for a specific update . You're entitled .
+1. :rolleyes:

To the OP:

I am not there and I don't know all the details. But it certainly doesn't seem like Brown is running the show on this.

Regards,
Greyson

·
Premium Member
9,375 Posts
Wait a minute! You say you traded with your dealer? No cash I assume. Well someone has to pay Brown up front for a custom order. Did your dealer do that right away or were they waiting to get cash out of your trades?

Hmmmmm?

Regards,
Greyson

·
Administrator
13,326 Posts
Wait a minute! You say you traded with your dealer? No cash I assume. Well someone has to pay Brown up front for a custom order. Did your dealer do that right away or were they waiting to get cash out of your trades?

Hmmmmm?

Regards,
Greyson
Correct . 25% deposit for spl order builds .

·
Registered
502 Posts
Your dealer is the one who dropped the ball. If he is in possession of your other trade-in guns, ask him to see proof of payment, or down payment to Brown for your custom order. Better yet call Brown and get the truth from them. Provided your demeaner is polite and level headed, you will be treated in kind.

Brown requires the customer to provide any custom sights or other parts. So, you or your dealer would have had to mail those to Ed. The sights are not hard to get as your dealer said. I think he dropped the ball big time.

If this is the case and your dealer botched this deal, get your money from him and call George at Gunslingers. He will get it done the right way.

Good luck.

·
Premium Member
5,753 Posts
Thought I would pass along first hand experience that might help you figure out what is going on.

As others have already told you Brown does in fact require 25% deposit on all special orders, your Hinnie sights would in fact necessitate that with your gun.

Brown DOES NOT require you to provide the aftermarket sights (although you may), I recently got in a special order Special Forces for a customer that requested Hilton Yam 10-8s. Brown ordered and installed them for him before shipping the new gun, it DID NOT cause the gun to take any longer than normal for delivery. I will say that because Brown did not allow any off for not using the Champions, and did charge a bit of a premium for the 10-8s, he would have been better off (cost wise) to simply supply them himself.

While we are on the subject of this particular gun, let me pass along a little story about the customer service from Brown and Justin in particular. This SF was for a customer who was in the Army and deployed to Iraq, he placed his order with me while he was still overseas, the plan was for the gun to come in when he rotated back home to Ft. Bragg. As it turned out he was to be re-deployed only 6 weeks after returning, but this time to Afghanistan. The timing was going to be close to start with, and it looked like the gun might not be completed in time. I called Justin, explained the situation of who the gun was for, and the timing involved. I told Justin that the other gun I had on order at the same time as this one was unimportant as to delivery date, but this SF needed to be shipped ASAP. Justin told me he would see that that the SF would get pushed to the front of the line. True to his word, I received not only the SF for the customer, but the other gun on order as well and both in less than a week. I truly appreciated this service and take my hat off to them for going that extra mile for our service members. :rock:

Now back to your gun, I would check with both Hinnie as well as Brownells to see if these sights are in fact back ordered, I would imagine that one of these would most certainly be Brown's source for these sights. If they are available, then that tends to undercut your FFLs story.

You might want to also consider that your FFL took into trade two weapons from you and NO cash. For him to get your order confirmed with Brown he would HAVE to have put up about $500.00 of HIS money, are you confident that he did this?

The amount of time you have waited for this Brown is FAR beyond normal, I have never seen one take this long, back ordered sights could account for this, but I think the problem lies elsewhere, and I think you are getting the runaround from much closer to home.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts