1911Forum banner

61 - 75 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
13,565 Posts
Taurus makes a revolver with a full-lugged , vent-rib barrel. :dope:
And Skoda makes cars. Doesn't mean I'd buy one.......

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
Absolutely fantastic work, huge props. But it seems like it would be cheaper to just go ahead and buy a Python.

Still, I've built a few Smython's...never thought about just adding a vent rib to an L-Frame barrel...seems kinda obvious now...VERY cool.

·
Premium Member
395 Posts
Lotta work and $$$ to get Python with the S&W cylinder latch on it... love it though!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
;13008770 said:
I posted this here because I thought that there might be those interested in seeing it, no other reason or motive. Sadly, there is always someone who always has to know "how much". There is a saying about having to ask how much.

1- Discussing prices distracts from the work itself.
2- I'm not looking for business.
3- Upon what do you base your estimate of the size of the custom gun market?

Since you seem to have a need to know, this particular job consumed 60 hours for a total 5200 dollars.
An old saying I remember from my youth, “if you have to ask how much, you can’t afford it.” Another was, “ we don’t discuss that.”
That’s a beautiful pistol, Deway.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
You build something like this amazing Smython because you can envision it, clearly have the talent to do it and you want to see it in the "flesh", a stunning working example of "what if".

I am stunned at all of the second guessing going on here. This is something to be appreciated and admired rather than questioned.

A tip of the cap to you Sir and thank you for sharing it for others to appreciate. I get it!

·
Registered
3,988 Posts
Very nice.

Short story.

When I started with a PD in 89, I was issued a ratty SW Lframe 686 with Target wood and a worn out Bianchi Hurricane clam shell holster. We loaded from 12 loops and no speed loaders were allowed. :barf:

Admin reason... they wanted everyone to be uniform, except one LT had a Smython with black Pacs and a Bianchi Judge holster.

Nice piece!

·
Registered
14 Posts
True beauty! My knives can cost that much and I'd gladly pay that amount to get something that is so beautiful and took as much work as that did. He really did get what he paid for! Thank you for posting this work of art!

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
;13013434 said:
I'm a gunsmith myself, and I have built custom revolvers for decades. My comments are about building one for a customer... Seems like a strange request from a customer.

Now as a project to just do, I TOTALLY get it!! Like I said, I'm just jealous I didn't think of it myself.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Seems like a lot of posts bashing this project. I think it is great work.

I would be willing to bet that every poster saying negative statements regarding this project, have built / made / modified something that others could not see value in spending time invested.

I also would be willing to bet that NONE of the posters of these negative statements drive a Yugo to work, instead of their 50K trucks (or whatever), because... doesn't a Yugo take you the same distance that the 50K truck would?Or, maybe a bicycle. Think of all the money you could save!

·
Registered
503 Posts
You build something like this amazing Smython because you can envision it, clearly have the talent to do it and you want to see it in the "flesh", a stunning working example of "what if".

I am stunned at all of the second guessing going on here. This is something to be appreciated and admired rather than questioned.

A tip of the cap to you Sir and thank you for sharing it for others to appreciate. I get it!
The second-guessing is actually coming from a pretty tiny minority of the posters in this thread. Maybe we (myself included) should just stop giving them outsize attention.

61 - 75 of 75 Posts