1911Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry to say this but I have received about 12 Wilsons for stock in the past two weeks.

All have the new purple "NOT ALLOWED for Sale in the Peoples Republic of Kalifornia," tags on them.

I have had two CQB's cleared for sale and both are the non-ambi guns.

Got one more CQB due in for a more than patient customer who will have to send it back to Wilson to get the finish he wants on it due to the new "safety" laws.

The retail operation I work for has a tag on all of the Kimber boxes stating not for sale in Mass.

Make one really wonder how well were are protecting ourselves from ourselves with the rolling black outs and whatever.

Sorry for the philosophical moment of frustation

Be safe all and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters
http://www.pt-partners.com

·
Registered
220 Posts
Ok, here's a hypothetical question. Wilson's CQB's are available in Calif, because they've passed the state "safety" test. CQB's come with MIM hammers and sears as standard.

Could a Calif resident specify their yet-to-be-built CQB with an upgraded tool steel hammer & sear , or would they have to be changed out by the owner after receiving the gun? What about all-black armor-tuff rather than the green?

·
Super Moderator
1,873 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tetley

I can only answer the armortuff question. That is what the more than patient buyer I mentioned has to do.

Ship back to make it a black gun

As for as the parts change. I speculate the gun would have to be shipped back if the current reading by those enforcing SB15 (California safety law) has the CQB with extended or single side safety only. The ambi gun is not allowed. The gun has to be shipped back to get an ambi-safety installed.

Go figure.

This is only the beginning of a "rolling blackout" of regulation.

Be safe

Terry Peters

·
Registered
220 Posts
It's sad to know that the "wrong" color of a .0003" thick coating of Armor-Tuff can prevent a gun from being sold in this state.

How petty can our state legislators get?

·
Registered
984 Posts
Tetley, that just goes to show it has nothing whatsoever to do with gun safety or crime. What's really sad is, most anti gun politicians don't even claim to be doing it for reasons of safety or crime anymore. They just plain hate guns, so they don't want anyone else to have them. Forget about the commodity (guns) who would want to elect anyone that says, you just can't have what I don't like???? Just goes to show what this country is coming to. The U.S. of AmeriKa.

Need to rant a little myself.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Well Terry, as soon as I can figure out how to get over or around this barb wire fence CA has us in I will visit your shop! People elsewhere except maybe Mass don't understand a loss of freedom.

·
Registered
8 Posts
DHMeieio, The purpose of SB15 is really not to qualify guns for sale in CA. It's to limit and restrict guns for sale in CA. In my line of work (aerospace procurement) our engineering folks qualify items by similarity all the time, especially if the differences are cosmetic and non substantive. The legislation is basically punitive, petty, and bureaucratic. Maybe with energy debacle, the electorate will dump the Demos in the legislature and governor's mansion, replace them with conservatives and repeal this unconstitutional crap.

------------------
Safe shooting, PKAY

·
Registered
68 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me about how liberal Kali has become in just the last 10 years....I remeber when you wanted an AK, go to a shop in Kali...Now you get snubbed for walking into a store and buying bullets! And this crap about testing each individual model of a gun that is the same design. That's the DOJ's way of making a little cash and intimidating gun makers to go away....We live in a strange country these days....I thought Hawaii was tough, atleast we can have guns still..

------------------
45ACP
big lead hurts worse

1 - 9 of 9 Posts