1911Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive noticed on some gun manufactures sites it will say" now legal in california"while some of their guns dont,what makes a gun illegal?thanks

·
Administrator
74,721 Posts
Under CA law, new handguns cannot be sold in CA unless they have passed a "safety test" and are "certified". I put those in quotes because in my humble opinion it's all a bunch of anti-gun bull. Anyone disagree?

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
Guns in PROK must be "certified" because the anti-gun critters there are "Certifiable". :barf:

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
rustywood said:
ive noticed on some gun manufactures sites it will say" now legal in california"while some of their guns dont,what makes a gun illegal?thanks
geee beav..ya think we,ll get into trouble for this?

·
Registered
281 Posts
dsk said:
Under CA law, new handguns cannot be sold in CA unless they have passed a "safety test" and are "certified". I put those in quotes because in my humble opinion it's all a bunch of anti-gun bull. Anyone disagree?
No.

You should see the Handgun Safety Certificate test we take here in Communist America (CA). Absolute BS.

I was just at the gunshop and we were talking about it. The politicians know they can't outlaw guns, so they'll just make it impossible to meet the standards to get one.

It doesn't help that I just found out I can't buy a Delta or Kimber Marksman in 10mm as they aren't on the list. The only way I can get one is to FFL one from a resident.

·
Registered
435 Posts
http://caag.state.ca.us/firearms/dwcl/12125.htm

If it wasn't already in the state prior to Jan 1 2001, any handgun must past the dreaded "Drop Safety Test"...

which effectively means all firearms mfg prior to that date could no longer be sold in the state unless each manufacturer would pay to have all of their old designs tested...
so what you have now are some guns that some manufacturer's have decided were worth the $ to process through the States pogrom offered for sale through licensed FFL's only.

Is that what you mean?

Then, there's the new gunowners safety test you must pass... you did learn to read, right? So all persons wanting to purchase must now pass the test effective Jan 1, 2004...

triggerlocks? safe?

there's more to come I'm sure. biometrics certainly on somebodies wish list...

·
Registered
504 Posts
The sick sad part of it is that the law was touted as being aimed at "unsafe" handguns like Davis, Lorcin, etc. "Saturday Night Specials" (not forgeting that until it became un-PC, the phrase was N*****town Saturday Night Special - in other words, a pejorative aimed at minorities and other undesirables!)

Of course, their carefully crafted 'tests' to 'weed out small, cheap handguns' have been passed by all the SNS guns no problem; very expensive precision target pistols are the only ones that fail.

They passed an amendment last year exempting some of the Olympic style free pistol target guns, and LEOs are exempt (i.e. can still buy those "unsafe" guns - not safe enough for the people to use for self protection, but safe enough for police to use for BUG and hideout guns.)

Oh, and the City of Los Angeles has its own ban on "small, easily concealable" handguns, which is why half the pistols in the weekly Turners ads have an asterisk "not available at Reseda store" - of course you can still buy them down the street in other cities and unincorporated county stores.

But what else do we expect from the Kaliban running Kalifornistan - informed opinion is that a whole slew of new gun ban laws are going to be rammed through the legislature early this year to test Ahnuld's resolve on RKBA. We'll see, but I expect him to fold - after all, it'll be "for the children" :barf:

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
All those laws are for the general welfare. Sure.

And all the "literacy" tests in the South for voters were purely to ensure voter understanding. Of course, no black people ever were "literate". Many states have "safety classes" required for gun ownership. No blacks or Hispanics are ever safe enough.

In CA, there are all kinds of "gun safety" laws that that are aimed at Mexican immigrants and blacks, and anyone who pretends otherwise is a liberal or a fool.

How do liberals spell "RACISM"?

"G-U-N-C-O-N-T-R-O-L".

Jim

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Jim is right. Most of the ordinances disenfranchise minorities.

The keyword to use with our liberal acquaintances is "Jim Crow Law"

When I've explained it in these terms to an anti, they are shocked. Most have never thought about it in those terms.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Jim Keenan said:

And all the "literacy" tests in the South for voters were purely to ensure voter understanding. Of course, no black people ever were "literate". Many states have "safety classes" required for gun ownership. No blacks or Hispanics are ever safe enough.

In CA, there are all kinds of "gun safety" laws that that are aimed at Mexican immigrants and blacks, and anyone who pretends otherwise is a liberal or a fool.

"G-U-N-C-O-N-T-R-O-L".

Jim
What? You do know the study book and test for the Handgun Safety Certificate are available in Spanish right? Every shop I've been in that offers the test and study guides has the Spanish version next to the English. And if you're implying Mexicans or blacks can't read, I'd ask who the racist is.

Gun control doesn't discriminate against race, it discriminates against all law abiding citizens.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
In 2005, all guns sold in Caifornia must have the new warining on the slide. "Refer to owner's manual. Always use a trigger lock. Do not keep loaded. Keep away from children. Do not pick up in the heat of anger. Not to be used in the commission of a crime."

·
Registered
504 Posts
luvtolean said:
What? You do know the study book and test for the Handgun Safety Certificate are available in Spanish right? Every shop I've been in that offers the test and study guides has the Spanish version next to the English. And if you're implying Mexicans or blacks can't read, I'd ask who the racist is.

Gun control doesn't discriminate against race, it discriminates against all law abiding citizens.
I think Jim was refering to the fact that the arguments for restricting firerams are almost ALWAYS subtly or explicitly aimed at making it harder for the poorer, less literate "masses" to acquire the means to protect themselves. Bans of "small cheap" guns, or "criminals weapons-of-choice") or written tests of ANY kind (which will weed out the il- or semi-literate in ANY language) are all code words for measures to ensure the poor and weak will not be able to defend themselves, keeping them ever more dependent on The State to protect them, and keeping the power elite safe from the uppity disenfranchised.

Gun control may not be specifically racist, but it's ALWAYS classist, from the Jim Crow laws of the 19th century (against freed blacks) through the Sullivan Act in 1911 (against immigrant "anarchists") to the NFA of '64 (against immigrant "gangsters"), the GCA of '68 (black "revolutionaries") and the AWB (against both minority "gangsters" AND white "militias".)

The problem is that as the pool of gun owners is slowly diminished, often with the wholehearted agreement of elitist gun owners themselves (the "oh, yes, THOSE PEOPLE shouldn't have guns, though it's okay for ME, of course" crowd), eventually gun owners AS A WHOLE are such a minority that disarming ALL private owners and leaving guns only in the hands of "the professional security people") becomes politically viable.

- and you mean there aren't Vietnamese, Laotian, Cambodian, Thai, Mandarin, Tagalog, Hindi, Malay, Pakrit, etc. etc. etc. versions as well as Spanish?? :eek: DISCRIMINATION!!! :D:dope:

·
Registered
281 Posts
OK, that's a reasonable argument. Not that I fully agree...

But, I have a problem with an illeterate person owning a firearm. Elitist or not, that is my point of view.

Anyways, maybe you could explain this to the Mexican demonstrators in front of the last gun show I went to saying gun manufacturing and sales are racist as they cause minority deaths. ;)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
lovtolean, you got to be kiddin me!!

mexicans protesting at a gun show??!!here in virginia where they are heavly employed in the poultry industry,you see them all the time at the gun shows,and before they stoped it ,were always out in the parking lot trying to buy ANY gun.this sounds like to me a scam of the far left perpetrating a new twist to their anti-gun cause,maybe george soros is bankrolling them,now that guy is a left wing nut!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Jim Keenan said:

"G-U-N-C-O-N-T-R-O-L".

Jim
Jim you should think berfore you type.There might be some blacks and hispanics on this forum.Like me.

I AM HISPANIC
I AM NOT A FOOL
I AM NOT A LIBERAL
AND IM VERY SAFE WITH MY FIREARMS

how do i spell racist??? "JI*" well I wont go there.

By the way JIM you should read the rules of this forum.

·
Registered
956 Posts
sickness said:
Jim you should think berfore you type.There might be some blacks and hispanics on this forum.Like me.

I AM HISPANIC
I AM NOT A FOOL
I AM NOT A LIBERAL
AND IM VERY SAFE WITH MY FIREARMS

how do i spell racist??? "JI*" well I wont go there.

By the way JIM you should read the rules of this forum.
Sickness,

Jim isn't saying that he doesn't want blacks or hispanics to not have firearms, nor is he suggesting that minorities are any less safe with firearms.

What he is merely refering to is the history of gun control in the United States. New York they instituted them to keep them out of the hands of immigrants coming in through Elis Island. In the South they did so because they didnt African Americans to have them. (Jim Crow Laws)

Just as California's new firearm test is designed to try and keep low priced guns (cheap if you will) out of their state. Thereby keeping legally acquired guns out of the hands of poorer people who possibly need them the most because of the neighborhoods in which they live.

Classes to become certified, Costs $$$$$
Pay Exam fee to be certified, Costs $$$$$
Must purchase high price firearm, Costs $$$$$
Must purchase owners permit, Costs $$$$$
-------------------------------------------------------------
Total ---- Too expensive for anyone living on minimum wage.

It essentially becomes a class driven scheme, let the rich have their guns but make the poor defenseless. Thats why the Rich and/or Famous can always get their concealed carry, but Joe Average citizen cannot. Since most of California's poor population is percieved to be of minority heritage (whether true or not, I am not saying it is, only what is generally percieved). It stands to reason that when the Kalifornistan legislature passes these laws, that is part of the reason.

They say it's for safety, but it's just divide and conquer until firearms can be outright banned.

step #1. Design a myriad of certification and permits schemes.

step #2. Price those schemes out of or nearly out of the average citizen's range.

step #3. Drive up the costs of firearms by requiring government mandated testing, performed by the government.

step #4. Round up those (or their possesions) who used to be legal but did meet the requirements of some new scheme.

step #5. Allow time to pass, slowly raising fees pricing most people out of the market.

step #6. Wait until the lower class citizens do not have arms of their own, this will foster indifference to the whole issue.

step #7. Lastly, total ban on all firearms because the lower to middle class will have been priced out, so they wont care when the rich loose the right as well.

step #8. Pass increases in property taxes, income taxes, sales taxes to pay for more Police officers on the street. Grow the size of government.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
method to their maddness

i agree with defranco,nobody ever said those on the left are stupid,i also think if these people can make it as difficult as they can for gun manufactures to sell their products in cali. hoping they will give up and stop selling in that state....making it as hard and as difficult as they can on both sides hoping one will give up.:biglaugh:

·
Premium Member
1,921 Posts
Before everybody jumped on Jim, maybe they should have asked him to clarify his comments. I think DiFranco did a good job of adding details.

The forum rules go both ways....even if you think you are taking the moral high road.

JAMES

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.