1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Administrator
78,705 Posts
At least she's smart enough to be standing behind him...

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I saw that movie at the theater back when it was first released. I was so unimpressed that I cannot even remember watching it, other than Baldwin's character was a crook that got a hold of a police badge and was impersonating a police officer. I don't remember anything else about it. I'd pass on watching it if I was you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I saw that movie at the theater back when it was first released. I was so unimpressed that I cannot even remember watching it, other than Baldwin's character was a crook that got a hold of a police badge and was impersonating a police officer. I don't remember anything else about it. I'd pass on watching it if I was you.
Thanks. Don’t know what I was doing in 1990 when this came out, but never heard of it until today.

·
Administrator
78,705 Posts
It was an off beat movie. Some pretty funny parts. That's a pretty low grip he's taking.
The picture above has been edited and his thumb is missing, giving the appearance of a low grip hold. In the actual scene he's in a kitchen and the chick isn't actually standing beside him. I'd post the original pic here, but just looking at that narcissistic loon with a hairy bare chest and a Desert Ego in his hands almost makes me want to throw up.

·
Registered
278 Posts
I'm actually old enough that I've seen that one. It's not great.

In other news, Ray Liotta died in his sleep last night while filming in the Dominican Republic. He was making 4 different movies at the time. My favorite, which I really hope they can finish, is called "Cocaine Bear" Cocaine Bear (2023) - IMDb

:ROFLMAO:
Aww...thats a bummer...I dont think he was very old...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
Maybe it is just me but I have never been impressed with anything Baldwin. One exception was his striking wife of yesteryear, BasInger. Certainly a beautiful woman and possibly a decent actress. Any guy who intimidates a woman is physically and verbally abusive to them is no kind of man at all. The fact he had happen to him what he brought on himself is a clear indicator of the coward he is. He will probably walk because of who he is and that is criminal.

·
Premium Member
10,319 Posts
Maybe I'll watch it if it shows up on NetFlix. Oh yeah I forgot that I cancelled my Netflix. Oh well maybe on free Vudu.
You couldn't pay me $1000 to watch a Baldwin flick. Not only that... I grew up in Miami, and there is nothing glamorous about Miami... its a cesspool. Don't let the glittering glass towers and beaches make you believe otherwise.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Maybe it is just me but I have never been impressed with anything Baldwin. One exception was his striking wife of yesteryear, BasInger. Certainly a beautiful woman and possibly a decent actress. Any guy who intimidates a woman is physically and verbally abusive to them is no kind of man at all. The fact he had happen to him what he brought on himself is a clear indicator of the coward he is. He will probably walk because of who he is and that is criminal.
I will say that Baldwin did the remake of "The Getaway" (originally with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway) with Basinger, and it was not bad -- only because: Kim Basinger's character loved her Colt 1911 and did some okay gun-fighting scenes with it. Okay, I watched it only because I like Basinger (I went to the bathroom or the kitchen during Baldwin's scenes).

·
Registered
2,340 Posts
I will say that Baldwin did the remake of "The Getaway" (originally with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway) with Basinger, and it was not bad -- only because: Kim Basinger's character loved her Colt 1911 and did some okay gun-fighting scenes with it. Okay, I watched it only because I like Basinger (I went to the bathroom or the kitchen during Baldwin's scenes).
Clearly, the original movie was much better than the re-make. Oh, and I thought that the original movie starred Steve McQueen and Ali McGraw, not Faye Dunaway? At least that's what I remember. I haven't watched it in over 20 years so maybe I'm wrong, and it was a different movie. The only blonde that I seem to remember in that movie was Sally Struthers.

·
Premium Member
6,995 Posts
He seems to of had a habit of placing his finger on the trigger all the time. I've heard that causes the gun to go off all by itself. Low budget rip-off movie with a low budget actor, I'm seeing a theme or maybe a glimpse of the future.

Grumpy

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
I read the book and it was average. They say the movie is never as good as the book so I have low expectations.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts