1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of Novack style sights. I'm not looking for night sights. Who supplies a decent set, that are not 200 bucks?
I'm thinking the 3 dot type, or maybe some fiber optic. But I have no experience with th F.O. sights.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Brownell's has Novaks (sp) and the white dot ones are well south of a hundred bucks.
The fiber optic fronts have a lot of value outdoors; indoors, not so much.
All of our USPSA guns have fiber optic fronts.
Fiber optic rears are unnecessary and a bit confusing in fast action shooting.
(Edited to add: Novak does superb sight cuts and installation.)

·
Premium Member
14,685 Posts
I need a set of Novack style sights. I'm not looking for night sights. Who supplies a decent set, that are not 200 bucks?
I'm thinking the 3 dot type, or maybe some fiber optic. But I have no experience with th F.O. sights.
are you looking for Novak "brand" sights, or saying you want/needs sights with Novak "cut"?

if the latter, there are tons of options available ranging in price from $40 a set on up.

if you don't want tritium night sights, there are lots of good choices under $100

hell, for that matter, you can buy Truglo TFO sights (tritium night sights AND fiber optic for less than $100 a set

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/18...911-government-45-acp-novak-cut-steel-tritium

..L.T.A.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I have sent several slides directly to Novaks and had them install their sights. Their install fees are very reasonable and their service is quick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts