1911Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a Colt 1991 and was thinking of sending it up the river to Novak for his Carry Package ($815). Anybody had work done by him? He's somewhat local so I'll probably go with him, just wanted some opinions.

·
Registered
352 Posts
I went up there to see him (actually Joe Bonar). He let me look over a customized Kimber. I didn't dry fire it, but it looked/felt sweet! Only thing was after the cost of a pistol and the work, it was over my budget. Also, he said there'd be about a 10-15 week wait.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Have owned several Novak guns...
Recently purchased a new Series 70 Combat Commander in 9mm for my girlfriend. Bought it from them and then Joe Bonar did a significant amount of work on it...pretty much their carry package(+). Needed it real quick for a course and Joe not only did superb work but turned it around in world record time. Has not had a malfunction in the first 1500 rounds. I have tried everything I can think of to get it to hiccup but failed. Was so impressed with the work that he's now building another in .45acp for me. Have also owned a Novak full house Hi-Power. Sold it to fund these projects. This pistol was also perfectly reliable. Joe is a pleasure to work with and gives you the straight story. Based on my positive interaction with Novak's...they've got me for life.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Joe has worked on several Commanders for me, and they are all excellent. They have done reliability packages, carry bevels, trigger jobs, ambi safeties, Novak sights, checkering (done by Mr. Single I believe), and they are shooters. Would be happy to send pictures if you want. Need to borrow a camera from work, but can do if you would like to see his work.

Steve

[This message has been edited by CitrusDude (edited 10-22-2001).]

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CitrusDude, I sure would appreciate seeing those pics if it's no problem because none of the pics on his web site seem to work.

·
Banned
802 Posts
Just this past June I sent Joe Bonar a stock Kimber Custom Classic (based upon his recommendation). He performed a modified FBI package on the gun. It never hiccupped prior to his working on it and it hasn't since. The difference is the FEEL of the gun. It's perfect. Not a sharp edge, and fantastic feel in the hand. No more MIM parts, Kart barrel and the match accuracy to go with it.

Do I like it?

Hell, I went out and bought a Kimber Stainless Compact and sent it to him for the same exact treatment.

You won't be sorry with Novak's.

------------------
DVC,
Sean

·
Super Moderator
1,862 Posts
I retail the custom and production 1911's.

I have had about 20 of the Novak Special Operations Browning Highpowers pass through my retail operation.

All customers were and still are very pleased.

I also have had three 1911's pass through. One I currently have with the package you mentioned. The guns all run (shoot). No complaints from customers and the one I have for stock and demo is also a real shooter.

You will be pleased. The folks and Novaks do a real good job.

------------------
Be safe and keep the brass flying

Terry Peters

http://www.pt-partners.com

Do your research but you get what you pay for front end or back end.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts