1911Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, why didn't anyone mention it? This should really boost their sales, since none of the other "custom" makers are legal here.

I hope to get one, now. But which? Hmmm...

See their web-site for details, but the models include 5" versions only of the:

Premier II
Concept I
PPC Disinguished Match
Ultimate Master
SRP
TRS
DCM Hardball

There's a couple of others that I wasn't so excited about. Ok gotta go find a dealer...

·
Registered
59 Posts
For those of us not on the Left Coast, what is the criteria for marketing a handgun in CA? Is it a matter of the gun having certain features or passing some sort of test procedure? Just curious.
-Mike

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Something like:
Provide 3 guns and 1500 rounds of ammo for each model (finish/barrel length) and pay a couple thousand dollars.

They shoot it 500 times, can't have a single stoppage of any kind. They drop it from various heights at different angles. Can't shoot.

Then when it passes, pay again, a "listing fee".

This is all in the interest of gun safety mind you.

You can see this will cost Baer like a quarter of a million dollars.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I would think that many gun makers would say "why bother?" Especially since the PRK seems to change the rules every other week.

Reminder to self: Be glad that you don't live in Kalifornia.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK, well it's eleven models altogether, see:
http://www.lesbaer.com/calif.html

Yes, most custom makers don't bother, like Rock River, Ed Brown, STI, SVI. Only one Wilson (CQB)is on the list. Colt only has two 1991s on the list.

But ARMSCOR, Chuck Daly, and Firestorm are on the list. Para Ordnance has about 30 models on the list. S&W, and Ruger have most of their models on the list. Springfield and Kimber both have every 1911 model on the list.

I guess it mainly hurts the little makers.

·
Banned
1,049 Posts
That's the problem of having "models". They're all just the same basic gun tricked out differently.

------------------
ElrodCod
NRA Life Member

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Went with the Premier II. I really wanted the six-inch barrel, but they may never be certified, I don't want to wait.

The local dealer had one in stock. Only had to pay about $72 over list.

I don't like the look of the stainless barrel bushing, but that's the only thing.

I'm in the Ten-Day Waiting Period now, five more to go!

·
Registered
332 Posts
it costs about $3,500 bucks to get one on the "safe" list. wilson does have another one allowed here...kz-45. i will move once i am done with school.

------------------
Nothing like the smell of Breakfree to make my day complete.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts