1911Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
Politics is all theater - the perception of action in relation to a perceived problem is inversely proportional to the action necessary to solve the problem. In the eyes of supporting voters, that’s what counts. That’s all Governor Cuomo is doing - theater for his voters.
I thought the article was pretty good too.

·
Premium Member
9,572 Posts
Cuomo is responsible for more deaths during the start of the covid pandemic because of his handling of elderly nursing homes than all the gun homicides in that state for 10 years. More than twice as many people died as a result of his stunning stupidity in one month during this covid nursing home scandal than all the deaths from firearms in the entire state for an entire decade from 2010 to 2019.

Stupid Liberal Democrats at work!!

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
As I see it the gun dealers and manufacturers could refuse to sell guns to the police or security details in New York now as they could be sued if a police officer or security person shoots someone. The gun dealers still hanging on in the state could be forced out of business with this law too. So they can't really sell guns to anyone in the state until this idiotic law is litigated and thrown out.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
He will say literally anything to avoid the real problem and source of violence in New York.

·
Premium Member
9,572 Posts
He will say literally anything to avoid the real problem and source of violence in New York.
Yup, the typical rhetorical argument these Blue state Democrat governors like to use is that the guns come from states with little or few gun restrictions. Illinois uses that argument saying that the guns come from Indiana, New York says the same claiming the guns come from New Hampshire, Vermont and the Carolinas. But that argument falls flat on its face because none of those neighboring gun-friendly states have a crime/homicide rate as high as New York City or Chicago.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
Politics is all theater - the perception of action in relation to a perceived problem is inversely proportional to the action necessary to solve the problem. In the eyes of supporting voters, that’s what counts. That’s all Governor Cuomo is doing - theater for his voters.
I thought the article was pretty good too.
For the most part it can be described as 'Kabuki theater.'

Put on your mask and deliver non sequiturs and other gibberish.

·
Registered
9,405 Posts
Yup, the typical rhetorical argument these Blue state Democrat governors like to use is that the guns come from states with little or few gun restrictions. Illinois uses that argument saying that the guns come from Indiana, New York says the same claiming the guns come from New Hampshire, Vermont and the Carolinas. But that argument falls flat on its face because none of those neighboring gun-friendly states have a crime/homicide rate as high as New York City or Chicago.
Yeah, but they don't explain why places like New Hampshire and Vermont have almost no violent crime at all even with all those guns. Gee, I wonder what the difference is?

·
Registered
24,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah, but they don't explain why places like New Hampshire and Vermont have almost no violent crime at all even with all those guns. Gee, I wonder what the difference is?
That does not fit their narrative. I remember a couple of weeks ago when that judge on the ninth circuit court of appeals ruled that the California assault weapons ban was unconstitutional. All of those politicos from Gavin on down just about crapped all over themselves. It will be interesting to see where that thing goes.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
"Crime fears have drained New York City of people". No, people who can now work from home realize that they can own a 4 bedroom house in a nice neighborhood in the Midwest for what they were paying in rent for a broom closet in a sketchy neighborhood in NYC.

·
Registered
24,913 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
"Crime fears have drained New York City of people". No, people who can now work from home realize that they can own a 4 bedroom house in a nice neighborhood in the Midwest for what they were paying in rent for a broom closet in a sketchy neighborhood in NYC.
And of course it is all the fault of guns in a city where you can not even buy one.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The criminals are in charge now. The 2A is next on their agenda after they silence you first!

·
Registered
7,247 Posts
And of course it is all the fault of guns in a city where you can not even buy one.
That's not really their argument. They argue that guns are too ez to get, and then the criminal scums bring them into the cities.

Did you see that shooting in Tucson recently? Prohibited possessor did what appeared to be a ambush +death-by-cop shooting rampage. That dbag lived.

Nothing the ATF or WH or Congress does will combat the issue at-hand (less full gun confiscation). I think the shift has to be more like society policing itself. This latest Tucson event proves to everyone that PD simply cannot protect you, and, 99% of the time PD is 2nd responders, and the 1% of being 1st responders there's a hug gap in time between incident and arrival.

US govt cannot come take 500+mil guns. It can try, but I highly doubt they could succeed, unless they do exactly what 2A is meant for, govt goes full tyrannical and uses .mil to do a massive gun grab, but at that point I think things would be very civil war like.

·
Registered
599 Posts
That's not really their argument. They argue that guns are too ez to get, and then the criminal scums bring them into the cities.

Did you see that shooting in Tucson recently? Prohibited possessor did what appeared to be a ambush +death-by-cop shooting rampage. That dbag lived.

Nothing the ATF or WH or Congress does will combat the issue at-hand (less full gun confiscation). I think the shift has to be more like society policing itself. This latest Tucson event proves to everyone that PD simply cannot protect you, and, 99% of the time PD is 2nd responders, and the 1% of being 1st responders there's a hug gap in time between incident and arrival.

US govt cannot come take 500+mil guns. It can try, but I highly doubt they could succeed, unless they do exactly what 2A is meant for, govt goes full tyrannical and uses .mil to do a massive gun grab, but at that point I think things would be very civil war like.

US govt cannot come take 500+mil guns. It can try, but I highly doubt they could succeed, unless they do exactly what 2A is meant for, govt goes full tyrannical and uses .mil to do a massive gun grab, but at that point I think things would be very civil war

·
Registered
599 Posts
!. The declaration of a "health" emergency qualifies them to use Covid Relief money from the relief fund passed recently.
2. If the Dems can establish that "gun violence" is a health emergency, then they will try to slip "reasonable gun laws" through the senate by providing funding. This would then proceed via budget resolution vs. face the filibuster.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts