1911Forum banner
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FYI,... the National Rifle Association’s Board of Directors voted to retain embattled CEO Wayne LaPierre.

Too bad,... so sad,.... the democrat marxists will be, fit to be tied, once again!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York State Attorney General Letitia James,... quote,...

“The NRA’s decision to re-elect Wayne LaPierre and other top leaders yesterday despite the detailed evidence of repeated fraud and self-dealing we have laid out in our lawsuit and during the bankruptcy trial underscores that board governance is broken and that the rot runs deep at the NRA. For years, Mr. LaPierre and his lieutenants used the NRA and its donors as a breeding ground for personal gain and to live a lavish lifestyle, which is why they must be removed. Our fight for transparency and accountability will continue because no one is above the law.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I am truly touched that dear, sweet, and balanced, Letitia James cares so much about the survival of the NRA!

Always nice to know our marxist wan'na-be master overlords are looking out for us!!

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
Hummm. This (election) will take some time to digest. I've heard persuasive arguments, some for, but many against.

Perhaps it doesn't matter, but I wonder if anyone else was nominated as an alternative; and if so, what were the voting results (in detail, by individual director).

As to the NY State Attorney, well, my thoughts aren't exactly family friendly for airing.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
Point of clarification before I go on any further: Are you suggesting that the reelection of LaPierre was a positive move for the NRA, or are you just jabbing at James? I ask because, if it's the latter, I agree. If it's the former, I have an entirely different opinion. Just want to be sure before moving forward.

By the way, I have a thread in this section with the backstory, the filings, the motions, the depositions, the responses, etc., that lay out the whole mess. There's also a link to the results of the Annual Meeting. I encourage everyone to look through the material, tedious as it is. It will prove insightful. Spoiler: The election was a sham!

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Wayne LaPierre being re-elected to head the NRA hurts the NRA and all those who hold the 2A as a cornerstone of freedom and liberty.
He has proven to be both a poor spokesperson and leader for our collective cause. He has not expanded the political base among our citizens for gun rights, as he only preaches to the converted - and continually begs for financial help to support his non-productive mis-management team.
The NRA is on life-support and needs new and forward thinking leaders now before it succumbs!!

·
Registered
387 Posts
If the NRA was a publicly traded company an activist investor would have ousted the Skeletor looking LaPierre and the ridiculously huge board of directors, for mismanagement. The board of directors is definitely not an independent one.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hvanajim, sadly I have reached such a cynical point in today's politics,... the fact that his reelection will probably piss off more democrat/marxists than any other possible candidate,... just tickles me pink!!! To reelect him, and thereby show the Globalist Marxists useful idiot minions that a Gun Lobby can be just as corrupt as they are,... is worth all the frustration he has caused me, in the past.

I'll go out on a limb here, and say that, if he gets his act together (legally) and changes his stripes by falling in line with what is expected of him, I'm willing to put up with him, and, let bygones be bygones! As long as I see the Marxists on the Hill grow more crazy than ever with every day he is the up front and in their face NRA leader!!!

That to me, is worth wiping the slate clean!

Not a popular view, I am sure, but, I like it!

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
AZdesert1911, I understand. I do think he has to go, as does the Board. He's been more of a liability than an asset for a long time, accusations of malfeasance not withstanding. I regret the missed opportunities over the years to turn the NRA into a powerhouse like none before it. The current leadership has done little, if anything, to grow the organization. I've said it before: If the current NRA, such as it is, has caused to so much consternation to the leftist loons, what would a 10M or 15M NRA do to them? There's been no outreach to the communities hardest hit by crime. The outreach to women has been lackluster. With the legions of Trump supporters out there, a forward-thinking organization would've worked to pull some of those numbers in. I think the NRA should refashion itself as a Bill of Rights organization, not just gun lobby. We need more programs, more positive exposure, more results! Even among so called Republican politicians - the reality is that they don't fear you and they don't fear me, buy they sure as hell would be terrified of a 15M or more member NRA!

Look, I don't know if we can salvage it. The leadership, worthless as it is, has a stranglehold on the organization. The NY AG has its demise as a pet project. The membership, by and large, is clueless of what's going on. The intervention by members in the NY legal action, I believe, is our only hope. Why haven't industry leaders joined in the intervention? Why haven't 5K members joined in as well? I don't know. Apathy? If the AG manages to dismantle the NRA, it will embolden other leftist AGs to go after the other orgs. It's inevitable. That's how the left works. If we let the NRA go off quietly into the night, then we are complicit, yet again, in creating the circumstances in which we will find ourselves. That doesn't bode well for us.

·
Registered
2,020 Posts
Hvanajim, sadly I have reached such a cynical point in today's politics,... the fact that his reelection will probably piss off more democrat/marxists than any other possible candidate,... just tickles me pink!!! To reelect him, and thereby show the Globalist Marxists useful idiot minions that a Gun Lobby can be just as corrupt as they are,... is worth all the frustration he has caused me, in the past.

I'll go out on a limb here, and say that, if he gets his act together (legally) and changes his stripes by falling in line with what is expected of him, I'm willing to put up with him, and, let bygones be bygones! As long as I see the Marxists on the Hill grow more crazy than ever with every day he is the up front and in their face NRA leader!!!

That to me, is worth wiping the slate clean!

Not a popular view, I am sure, but, I like it!
Typical of someone who is in it for the drama/anger/rage rather than the actual cause of preserving the 2nd Amendment.

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
As is a fault of mine, I try not to over-commit in one direction unless absolutely certain. But there comes a time when one does need to decide.

And I have greater concerns than optimism about the decision to carry on with Wayne. I truly wish him well, but I just don't know that he's the way forward.

Other candidates should have been put forward; and the Directors should have voted strictly for what's best for the NRA membership and preservation of 2A rights. If that was Wayne, so be it, but I'm not so sure.

·
Registered
5,332 Posts
As is a fault of mine, I try not to over-commit in one direction unless absolutely certain.

But I have greater concerns than optimism about the decision to carry on with Wayne. I truly wish him well, but I just don't know that he's the way forward.

Other candidates should have been put forward; and the Directors should have voted strictly for what's best for the NRA membership and preservation of 2A rights. If that was Wayne, so be it, but I'm not so sure.

If you read through the materials in the NY case, I believe it'll all become crystal clear as to whether Wayne / current Board were the right choice to lead the org.

Our problem - me included - has been apathy with regard to the goings on at the NRA. Leaving things on auto pilot is rarely ever a good idea. Fixing things will require hard work. But first, we need to bring everyone up to speed. The attached link is the best source for that. I hope we have the wherewithal to see this through.

·
Registered
13,879 Posts
I think the pre Vs post Spending Scandal MEMBERSHIP NUMBERS should be the driving factor in this.

Did the ranks of NRA membership / renewal dues paid, decrease dramatically after the scandal? If so, kick the guy out because he's hurting our cause. The OPPOSITE of his job.

I would bet, from what I have seen here, that PLENTY of guys said "to heck with the NRA" after Wayne's shenanigans were exposed. And we are worse off for that.

For one, I'll rejoin if they boot the guy. I'll even add an additional donation to cover the time I've been gone.

·
Premium Member
2,544 Posts
But I wouldn't think twice about slipping a five spot down Bubbles the strippers G-string. :unsure:

Personally, I think the Wayne LaPierre $1,500.00 a suit thing was started by the Lib. media to get freedom fanciers panties in a wad. :rolleyes:

And so what if WLP pays $700.00 on a suit? Is he supposed to represent gun owners in a pair of overalls?

·
Registered
12,966 Posts
If you read through the materials in the NY case, I believe it'll all become crystal clear as to whether Wayne / current Board were the right choice to lead the org.

Our problem - me included - has been apathy with regard to the goings on at the NRA. Leaving things on auto pilot is rarely ever a good idea. Fixing things will require hard work. But first, we need to bring everyone up to speed. The attached link is the best source for that. I hope we have the wherewithal to see this through.
Metaphorically speaking, even without reading through the materials (but hope that I can find the time), there's enough smoke so that if it were a public corporation's boardroom, someone would have opened the windows to bring in fresh air...

Very risky to do otherwise, especially when other very good choices are available.

The smoke is evident just from the posts on WLP-related threads on our Forum. If the persons represented by our Forum's active membership are not solidly behind WLP (and collectively, they are not), that is a powerful message in itself.

·
Registered
710 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Typical of someone who is in it for the drama/anger/rage rather than the actual cause of preserving the 2nd Amendment.
With all due respect, you obviously have not followed my posts on the 2nd Amendment, and therefore have no clue of what you wrote!

The 2nd Amendment in the Bill of Rights is nothing more than,... a,... ink and paper lesson for someone who may not know what a Human Right truly is!

Basically, the 2nd Amendment merely establishes lawful protection for our God/Creator Endowed Inalienable Right to Life,... AKA,... to Keep and bear Arms for protection against death by murder!

Because our Creator Endowed Inalienable Human Right to Life,... is INALIENABLE,... with, or, without the protections of the 2nd Amendment,... any fear of failure to preserve the 2nd Amendment, is irrelevant to the existence of said RIGHT/S!

Actually, the list of Human Rights in the Bill of Rights remain Inalienably within every human, for their entire life span,... even if the Bill of Rights Amendments in the Constitution disappear tomorrow,... because,... our Human Rights CAN'T disappear!

The 2nd Amendment can be here today, and gone tomorrow,... but to this educated sovereign Patriot Freeman,... it makes no diff in regard to the grand scheme of our Human Rights! Human Rights are forever,... period!

So,... bottom line,.... enjoy your claim to fame of preserving the 2nd Amendment! It sounds like great slogan spin, and could be a great feel good exercise for someone who may not know much about their Endowed Inalienable Human Rights!

But, let me leave you with just a few words of advice,... I would reconsider trying to insult an educated sovereign Patriot Freeman with spin about preserving the 2nd Amendment,... it probably won't fly,... or,at the least,... not very far!

Have a good one!

1 - 20 of 163 Posts