1911Forum banner
121 - 140 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
How is it possible that Wayne has maintained his position for so many years? Through all this cancel-culture?

It's because the media can't find a God-damned thing to hang him with, aside from his expenses. And wow have they tried. You go out there and find me a shinier candidate that can actually do the job for any length of time, and we'll talk.
Really? How does a dictator stay in power for 30 years. By rigging the system, putting his cronies in positions of power, consolidating more position power than is normal and managing the ballot box. The entire organization leadership is rotten at the core. Like a big rotten oak tree hogging all the sun it’s time for that tree to come down so others like GOA, FPC and state groups can blossom.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #122 · (Edited)
Really? How does a dictator stay in power for 30 years. By rigging the system, putting his cronies in positions of power, consolidating more position power than is normal and managing the ballot box. The entire organization leadership is rotten at the core. Like a big rotten oak tree hogging all the sun it’s time for that tree to come down so others like GOA, FPC and state groups can blossom.
I know some of my posts sound like I am defending him,... I am not!

What I believe I am posting, is what I like to think is, the larger picture.

If the NRA is so rotten to the core,... rather than just simply a politically powerful defender of GUN RIGHTS,... that the GOA and FPC(?) and other state groups can't blossom, if it exists,... tells me, if they can't out perform the "rotten to the core NRA" with all its faults,.... just how will they fill the political vacuum of a NRA demise?

Killing off a superior, to allow an inferior to blossom, because they can't compete and win first place otherwise, isn't my idea of forward/positive, or, a, hopeful improvement!

In fact, it sounds kind'a "woke" to me.

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
Face it, some of you guys just hate Wayne because it makes you feel better about not stepping up & chipping in. :rolleyes:

Even if you just send in $5 every six months most of you could afford that. He can't buy too many $3,000 suits with a measly $5.

Probably cost him more in gas money driving to the bank to cash in the check. :LOL:

·
Premium Member
449 Posts
I must say this is very complicated and good points from all sides. But if the Lib's, Dem's, commies want to play ruff there's plenty of dirt on there side. And it can be brought out easily. BUT the communist/Marxist media will not report it. Under ANY circumstances. One sided BS as usual.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Of all the gun forums I belong to this thread is the strongest anti-NRA thread I have seen for for quite a while. Congratulations. .

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
From some of the comments I'm reading, I don't think my earlier posts have hit home. Reckon I should mention it again: For those who haven't done so already, and actually give a damn about what happens to the NRA, and If you'd like to be able to speak on the facts of the case, please read the case documents. Yes, I know it's tedious reading, and yes, it's full of legalize mumbo, but it's critical that we do so. This is not about suits, it's not just about trips, and it's not only about a feckless board. It's about all of that and so much more than that. If you can dedicate several hours to something as irrelevant as a football game, you can certainly dedicate that time to an issue that will have far-reaching consequences for generations, if it plays out against our favor.

At the very least, read through the complaint and the responses. Yes, I know it's a long document, but it's worth reading.

·
Registered
845 Posts
From some of the comments I'm reading, I don't thing my earlier posts have hit home. Reckon I should mention it again: For those who haven't done so already, and actually give a damn about what happens to the NRA, and If you'd like to be able to speak on the facts of the case, please read the case documents. Yes, I know it's tedious reading, and yes, it's full of legalize mumbo, but it's critical that we do so. This is not about suits, it's not just about trips, and it's not only about a feckless board. It's about all of that and so much more than that. If you can dedicate several hours to something as irrelevant as a football game, you can certainly dedicate that time to an issue that will have far-reaching consequences for generations, if it plays out against our favor.

At the very least, read through the complaint and the responses. Yes, I know it's a long document, but it's worth reading.
Your posts haven't hit home because you don't know how to make a point. Get to the point.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The only positive thing I can say is that WLP being re-elected is pissing off the NY AG. I am a life member, but it is time for change.

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
Your posts haven't hit home because you don't know how to make a point. Get to the point.
I say this with all due respect, that is an absurd post. If you haven't gotten 'the point' by now, then there's nothing further to say.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I say this with all due respect, that is an absurd post. If you haven't gotten 'the point' by now, then there's nothing further to say.
No disrespect taken or intended...I do believe that you have a point to make, but if you can't make it in 2 or 3 sentences, you've probably lost your audience.

·
Registered
873 Posts
Let me say this, before this thread gets locked...

From so many buddies I know, the general opinion is this: Get WLP to step down, and thousands, hundreds of thousands, will renew their memberships!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
If the 2nd upcoming intervention attempt fails, then there's little if anything left in the way to prevent the NY AG from carrying out her agenda - the dismantling of the NRA. If that happens, then we won't have to worry about LaPierre any longer - we'll have much bigger problems to deal with. The smaller gun orgs will be the next targets. Our 'community', such as it is, isn't dedicated enough or disciplined enough to mount any sort of real defense to prevent what's coming. The intervention, with it's request to restructure the leadership and the board, is our only true opportunity to salvage things. WLP doesn't have the decency to step down, the board is unwilling to do anything about this fiasco, and in the mean time, they keep giving the AG more ammunition for her to use against them.

For those hoping for a miracle - it ain't happening. For those so focused on WLP that they can't see the forest for the trees, well, day late, dollar short, I suppose. If you had that same laser focus trained on him 20 years ago, we wouldn't be in this mess. The fact is that we allowed things to run on auto-pilot for too long, and he created a little kingdom for himself. The NRA was too big and too important for us to be so hands-off, yet, we were. So here we are. Anyone thinking that the other 2A orgs will be left alone after they finish with the NRA, you are sadly mistaken. If they win this, if I was them, I'd go on a crusade and eliminate them one by one. The left is driven, and take no prisoners. We sit around arguing about WLP's suit expenses while the building collapses around us.

Sorry if this is too long, but I don't write for the attention deficit crowd or the twitter people. If you're really in this fight, you're going to have to put in some effort. Read the court documents, long and painful as they are, so you can see what's really going on - and then, do something!

·
Super Moderator
15,621 Posts
Havanajim - your synopsis, IMHO, is spot on, on all points.

·
Registered
118 Posts
NRA members need to dissect the Code of Conduct and the Bylaws to see what power the general membership has to remove board members. I own an Association Management Company, we manage profession and trade associations, but on a much smaller scale. I think the largest association we manage is 5,000 members. I have seen members bring lawsuits against the BODs, and I have seen members bring forth a vote of no confidence to dissolve a board. Also, the NRA legally has to open the accounting books to the members, and if there are a few good corporate CPAs that are well versed in Not For Profit accounting, they can do a deep dive in to how responsible the NRA has been with member's money. The membership can hire a lawyer and set up a Go Fund Me page for legal cost to sue the NRA, I am sure Bloomberg, Soros, and a butt load of liberals would contribute.

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
Get WLP to step down, and thousands, hundreds of thousands, will renew their memberships!
I seriously doubt it. They'll just find another excuse not to donate.

Yeah, usually the same types who see no irony in blasting $3,000 in fireworks into the air on July 4th.

Sent from my K00C using Tapatalk

121 - 140 of 163 Posts