1911Forum banner
141 - 160 of 163 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Face it, some of you guys just hate Wayne because it makes you feel better about not stepping up & chipping in. :rolleyes:

Even if you just send in $5 every six months most of you could afford that. He can't buy too many $3,000 suits with a measly $5.

Probably cost him more in gas money driving to the bank to cash in the check. :LOL:
No. Just for that I'm raising the price of my allegiance. WLP and all of his cronies must be replaced.

Or buy me a Lambo, and an elephant to crash it into. So I'll run for king of the NRA ( and perfectly run it further into the ground). Vote for me, I can buy white Italian shoes and shoot rhinoceros's.

Of all the gun forums I belong to this thread is the strongest anti-NRA thread I have seen for for quite a while. Congratulations. .
Check out Arfcom and Glocktalk.

·
Premium Member
2,550 Posts
Or buy me a Lambo, and an elephant to crash it into. So I'll run for king of the NRA ( and perfectly run it further into the ground). Vote for me, I can buy white Italian shoes and shoot rhinoceros's.
You're arse is going to be whistling Dixie when that elephant (or rhino) comes to collect on you, and you got no guns anymore to protect yourself. 😆

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
From so many buddies I know, the general opinion is this: Get WLP to step down, and thousands, hundreds of thousands, will renew their memberships!
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

That is complete and utter bologna! Those guys will just change it over to: "Well, if they just supported X, y or Z then I'd join." They are selling you on a BS line on cheap suits! :LOL:

Why can't all you buddies see that WLP isn't the NRA? He's one stinkin' guy. With a taste for nice clothes. So what- you, me and everyone else has faults.

My 12 year old can come up with better arguments.

·
Registered
227 Posts
I tried to tell people, NRA is going to try to muscle through their current problems and memory hole them as long as they believe the current political environment is enough to prevent membership from completely cratering. They use Biden’s Presidency to buy time they know they wouldn’t have if Republicans still controlled everything and members felt they had the luxury to look harder at their business practices.

They don’t care about you whining about Wayne. If you’re still cutting that check they consider themselves good to go. The only thing that makes them fix themselves is the cash drying up. Period, full stop.

·
Premium Member
6,354 Posts
I seriously doubt it. They'll just find another excuse not to donate.

Yeah, usually the same types who see no irony in blasting $3,000 in fireworks into the air on July 4th.
'butthead' ... as you know, normally I have no problems either agreeing nor disagreeing with you. This is an exception ... having a problem and agreeing with you. No doubt there are many who've bailed out on NRA out of disagreement. But I'm afraid many use disagreement as camouflage.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #146 · (Edited)
'butthead' ... as you know, normally I have no problems either agreeing nor disagreeing with you. This is an exception ... having a problem and agreeing with you. No doubt there are many who've bailed out on NRA out of disagreement. But I'm afraid many use disagreement as camouflage.
Agreed!
Many use camouflage as a diversion, to cover their ulterior motive/s!

·
Registered
12,987 Posts
I believe it is possible to support the NRA while still being discontent with WLP and the Board's decision to retain him. And that's my current direction.

But yes, I also understand those who view the above as illogical. That's certainly a reasonable viewpoint, provided that they're supporting other pro-2A organizations (rather than making excuses for not helping the cause).

None of this is really good or comfortable for gun owners, that's for certain. It has some similarities to working under a bad boss, someone you know is not on either your side or the company's side, but instead is focused on enriching himself.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 · (Edited)
I believe it is possible to support the NRA while still being discontent with WLP and the Board's decision to retain him. And that's my current direction.
But yes, I also understand those who view the above as illogical.
That's certainly a reasonable viewpoint, provided that they're supporting other pro-2A organizations (rather than making excuses for not helping the cause).
None of this is really good or comfortable for gun owners, that's for certain. It has some similarities to working under a bad boss, someone you know is not on either your side or the company's side, but instead is focused on enriching himself.
Well, I,for one, think your chosen direction is perfectly logical!!!

As to his falling from grace, all I can come up with, is,... Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely,... or, just another example of the dark side, of human nature. A side that is within us all, but, rarely has the profound financial opportunity to raise its ugly head, as it did with him!

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
FYI,... the National Rifle Association’s Board of Directors voted to retain embattled CEO Wayne LaPierre.

Too bad,... so sad,.... the democrat marxists will be, fit to be tied, once again!!!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

New York State Attorney General Letitia James,... quote,...

“The NRA’s decision to re-elect Wayne LaPierre and other top leaders yesterday despite the detailed evidence of repeated fraud and self-dealing we have laid out in our lawsuit and during the bankruptcy trial underscores that board governance is broken and that the rot runs deep at the NRA. For years, Mr. LaPierre and his lieutenants used the NRA and its donors as a breeding ground for personal gain and to live a lavish lifestyle, which is why they must be removed. Our fight for transparency and accountability will continue because no one is above the law.”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Personally, I am truly touched that dear, sweet, and balanced, Letitia James cares so much about the survival of the NRA!

Always nice to know our marxist wan'na-be master overlords are looking out for us!!

:rolleyes:
PITIFUL. PITIFUL. PITIFUL. LaPierre NEEDS to go. NOW

·
Registered
113 Posts
I notice a lot of trashing Letitia James in this thread. How about when she went after the prosecution of Jeffrey Epstein? As another poster said, the NRA might have even more members if someone other than Wayne LaPierre were it's front person. It's your choice if you want to buy him $30,000 Italian suits but it hurts everybody if he doesn't pay taxes on any of them. I expect and can tolerate flames on this, but one-sided views don't generally get you very far in this complex world. Lots of people love firearms, particularly 1911s, but have other principles. Go ahead, flame away.

·
Super Moderator
15,621 Posts
I notice a lot of trashing Letitia James in this thread. How about when she went after the prosecution of Jeffrey Epstein? As another poster said, the NRA might have even more members if someone other than Wayne LaPierre were it's front person. It's your choice if you want to buy him $30,000 Italian suits but it hurts everybody if he doesn't pay taxes on any of them. I expect and can tolerate flames on this, but one-sided views don't generally get you very far in this complex world. Lots of people love firearms, particularly 1911s, but have other principles. Go ahead, flame away.
Not a flame necessarily, but Letitia James wants to shut down the NRA, not Wayne LaPierre. There's a big difference between taking down an individual who has allegedly conducted malfeasance, and taking down an organization of law-abiding Americans because you hate what they stand for. Big difference!

·
Registered
113 Posts
Not a flame necessarily, but Letitia James wants to shut down the NRA, not Wayne LaPierre. There's a big difference between taking down an individual who has allegedly conducted malfeasance, and taking down an organization of law-abiding Americans because you hate what they stand for. Big difference!
My guess is that Letitia James probably doesn't like the NRA much but she'd be happy to take their money for the State of New York if they would run a legitimate organization there. These politicians are interested in making more money for their own states, and she is no different. She also was involved with taking down Andrew Cuomo. For me it's a difficult sell to like Wayne LaPierre's self-centered behavior. Basically he stole from gun-loving Americans. Upstate New York is a Republican area (my son live there and is a registered Republican).

·
Super Moderator
15,621 Posts
My guess is that Letitia James probably doesn't like the NRA much but she'd be happy to take their money for the State of New York if they would run a legitimate organization there. These politicians are interested in making more money for their own states, and she is no different. She also was involved with taking down Andrew Cuomo. For me it's a difficult sell to like Wayne LaPierre's self-centered behavior. Basically he stole from gun-loving Americans. Upstate New York is a Republican area (my son live there and is a registered Republican).
As far as taking down Andrew Cuomo, she is doing the same thing as he did to his predecessor when he was AG of NY state. Not an indicator of support for the Law of the Land, just political aspiration (JMHO). WLP needs to step down for the good of the NRA (us), little doubt about that; but, even with him there we still have a voice as a voting block and lobby organization. Imagine where we would be without the NRA in the past 20 years (or more). This issue (and lawsuit) is about more than WLP, it is about the destruction of the BoR (starting with the 2A), and the subjugation of sovereign American citizens. The communists have been trying (and mostly succeeding) for the last 60 years - check your history.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I highly recommend The Gun Debate: What Everyone Needs To Know®, 2nd Edition by Philip J. Cook and Kristin A. Goss. It is written by two Duke University professors. It is intended to be neutral but it comes across as slightly liberal. They attempted to be as factual as possible. They argue that it is not the IRA but rather gun owners and people who want to be gun owners that are driving the legislators to support gun rights not the NRA. The majority of the population wants to at the very least "imagine" that they could own guns. More people would support a guns organization that supports the rights of all citizens to own guns not just the far right. Lots of liberals want to own guns too and they want to keep that right.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just looking at the controversy WLP and his board has caused should have been a red flag a very long time ago. There is more than enough trouble facing the NRA and they do not need this ass hat in charge anymore. The entourage must go and be replaced with integrity and a desire to serve, not be served. The shenanigans that have occurred under him have hurt it way more than he has been worth.

141 - 160 of 163 Posts