·
Administrator
73,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,989 Posts
No ethics, no respect for the families.

If anything, the media's continued graphic exploration of violence, wether real or fictional, in many ways has much more to do with contributing to violence than firearm ownership does.

·
Registered
12,387 Posts
Disgusting journalism, if it can even be called journalism.

It's one thing for people (as myself) who consciously chose and hopefully with a level head to watch the gunman's video, but it's something entirely different to put any of it, including still images, where children and many adults who don't wish to see it, will inevitably see it. To promote the gunman's images also only increases the likelihood of another sicko doing something similar in the future.

I was reading a BBC article earlier which discussed how many people can be traumatically affected by such photos/videos ... thus, no photos of this nature were published by the BBC.

Totally reprehensible and irresponsible ... on multiple levels. Also a bald-faced lie by the publication that the photos will somehow "advance" their (misguided) gun control cause.

·
Registered
887 Posts
I did not read any thing there about "psychotic idiot" control !

I wonder if that "rag" carried the be-headings of the isis victims, to show what that mentality is all about ?

·
Administrator
73,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
This is a publication that is literally dancing in the blood of the victims, making money off of it. Being able to use it to push their extreme leftist propaganda is just icing on the cake.

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
This is a publication that is literally dancing in the blood of the victims, making money off of it. Being able to use it to push their extreme leftist propaganda is just icing on the cake.
And, i won't even put the news Papers name on-line. They do not deserve it!! The same news paper that posted all Gun owners address in New York. Real Class stuff, with this story!! :mad:
People should really cancel their subscriptions!!!
Scott

·
Registered
3,112 Posts
What's wrong with the photos? Shows why you'd better darn well have a gun and situational awareness.

Sadly most amertikans now are too stupid to understand that.

·
Registered
3,509 Posts
I don't even care about the photos...

Its the Left Wing Extremism that bothers me.

AS IF... their new version of gun control they're going to "save us all" with is going to "suddenly and mysteriously" work THIS TIME...

Despite the fact gun control has been one miserable failure after failure after failure... And these wannabes want to shove more out there..

....thinking their magical mystical NEW flavor of gun control is going to mysteriously work...

What a frigging joke... their last gun control bill (background checks) was supposedly going to "save us all" from this stuff... now its showing us how BADLY their last background check idea failed... RIGHT there on the front page...

And they STILL don't get it... its just another pile of failed gun control, like waiting periods, gun bans, capacity bans, age limits, etc...

What a sick joke... They sound more like they've got a crack addiction, and need treatment... I think they need an intervention.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
There is nothing "new" in this and as a matter of fact many countries print graphic photos of murders/accidents. Here in the USA we usually refrain merely out of good taste rather than any moral high ground. Newspapers have always had "agendas". It was far worse in the past than nowadays.

...It's important to remember that, despite the tremendous success of the penny papers, the majority of newspapers during the 1830s and 40s were partisan. Until the 1870s, political papers like the Washington Globe, the Albany Argus, and the Charleston Mercury continued to be important sources for information about political speeches, elections, and legislative activity. What took place in 19th-century American newspaper publishing was not a simple replacement of one kind of paper by another, but a process of mutual influence. The partisan papers became more like the penny papers by publishing more timely news, seeking wider audiences, and relying more on advertising revenue. At the same time, some penny papers adopted partisan practices, especially as editors became more managerial and had more time for politics...
http://www.library.illinois.edu/hpnl/guides/newspapers/american/1800-1860/city.html

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Why don't they post photos of individuals killed by drunk (or stoned) drivers in a horrific auto accident ... you know; to promote a don't drink and drive campaign. Surely they could easily come up with a far more graphic photograph of a victim of a drunk/drugged driver taken from a choice of numerous accident/murder scenes on any given weekend, if not any given day of the week.

How about "journalistic" exploitation of inner city gang/thug shootings. Maybe a photo of a 9 year old killed in a drive by? Wait, can't do that. That may shift too much of the focus on the main problem. Oh, and it would also be racist of course. Not to mention it highlighting the politics of leftism.

·
Registered
2,086 Posts
How do you seperate the "news" from the "agenda?"

By seeking news elswhere, since anyone with an agenda is definitely not impartial.

·
Registered
4,008 Posts
Paper(s) designed to clean fish on will always be utilized in the same manner and never for much else, let alone reading. Unfortunately, most "news" papers are such, these days and headed for extinction because of their own past typeset principles or lack-there-of. NY Daily News is a perfect example, if you don't fish, why get the paper?

·
Registered
7,492 Posts
Time to start showing graphic images of aborted fetuses in waste receptacles, I guess. Might as well post a photo of the 'mom', as well.
L.

·
Registered
115 Posts
I find it absolutely amazing that, anti-gunners go to such a sick extreme, to try and convince people that disarming our citizens will stop this kind of insanity. If only there had been an armed "good guy" close by. Happens all the time, but that evil rag won't report those incidents. It's too busy trying to turn people into Ostriches. You know, head stuck away where they can't see anything, with their rear ends sticking up as a big target.

“Cognito ergo armatum sum”.. I think, therefore I am armed

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Just goes to show you how sick they are in times like this.

I knew the anti-gun crowd wouldn't be able to have / show respect for the two victims. They can't let the loss of two lives go to waste in this tragic event. They're dancing in the blood before it even dries...everytime.

Think about how much disrespect they're showing. This could be your Daughter, Sister or Mother they're exploiting for some cheap, low-blow article to tread off.

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
A newspaper run by liberal Democrats. I wouldn't expect anything less from people who support Obama, Sanders, Pelosi, Feinstein, et al. There are a few members of this forum who support these people and probably those running the news paper.

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
Paper(s) designed to clean fish on will always be utilized in the same manner and never for much else, let alone reading. Unfortunately, most "news" papers are such, these days and headed for extinction because of their own past typeset principles or lack-there-of. NY Daily News is a perfect example, if you don't fish, why get the paper?
For the bird cage ...

·
Registered
405 Posts
Liberals are total hypocrites, this is nothing new. I wonder why the same decency laws that say nudity is not permitted in these publications will allow for this? I used to think liberals were just confused, now I am pretty sure they are brain dead.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts