1911Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After waiting for what seemed like an eternity (almost 2 WEEKS!!) I finally picked up my new CBOB in .45 ACP last Wednesday.

Yesterday, I finally got the chance to take her to the range. It was an gloomy, overcast day, and I was consumed with anxiety - what if she didn't accept me? What if I wasn't worthy?

We arrived at the range, and I set up my 6" Shoot 'n See at 12yds. My hands trembled as I carefully pressed the 230gr FMJ rounds into those beautiful stainless magazines. My knees were weak; my mouth dry. Never in my life had I been in such a life changing situation.

I put the first magazine in, and drew a bead on the target. The tritium sites winked back at me reassuringly. I pressed the trigger, and instantly, a bright green spot appeared dead center in the target. I couldn't believe my eyes! Again and again, I squeezed off shots, with the same result.

As I dropped the second magazine, something amazing happened. The clouds parted and a beam of light appeared directly upon me. As I looked into it, I saw the Great Gonzo himself descending on a chariot of fire. He approached me, and touching me lightly on my head with his scepter said:

"Are you saving your brass?"

At this point, I realized that I had achieved enlightenment. :rock:

·
Premium Member
7,725 Posts
Welcome to the DW Forum, one Mod. is a Master PistolSmith (Dave),
and one member is a Custom Pistol Grip Maker (Sarge43).
We will give you info, and our opinions, and yes, we joke around sometimes.
Glad to see you got your CBOB, Great Pic and Oqtstanding range report.

Clyde

BTW Are you on Cheap Drugs??????????? Gonzo OH Come On Now........ :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:

·
Hold my beer & watch this
5,570 Posts
At this point, I realized that I had achieved enlightenment.
I would say so!

Congrats on the CBOB, and the good shooting.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
Definitely one of the most imaginative and eloquent enlightenments we've had here. Congratulations on seeing the light and welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
4,837 Posts
It is Holloween week. Are you sure it wasn't the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown? :eek:

Nice report.

·
Premium Member
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
BTW Are you on Cheap Drugs??????????? Gonzo OH Come On Now........ :biglaugh::biglaugh::biglaugh:
They were the best money could buy... back in the '70s when I listened to Nugent all the time... :)

·
Banned
13,564 Posts
Nice report and congrats on the CBOB. It took 6 months for mine to arrive.

BTW.....I recognize your writing style.

Ever write for "Forum"?????:biglaugh:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts