1911Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to purchase a Wilson CQB compact, but due to Kalifornia stupidity, I can only get one in OD Green/black. I really wanted a grey/black pistol, but now am wondering just what to make of the green/black combo.

What's your opinion of the OD Green/black combo? Do you own a pistol in that color? Would ya buy one? I just do not want to spend $1800 on a custom 45, only to have to pay another $200 to re-finish.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I just came home from a law enforcement expo, and they had a Wilson CQB there with the green/black finish. The gun ffelt great in the hand, and the two-tone finish was BEAUTIFUL!

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Sorry guys but I can't stand it. Why in the heck would you want a green gun? I don't know maybe if I saw one in person I would change my mind. I doubt it.

------------------
"Of those that will penetrate, the edge is always with the bigger bullet."

G

·
I have a CQB Compact with the green and black. The pictures don't do it justice.

I had ordered a stainless Protector and had decided against the green and black CQB, based in part on the colors. Then, my darn gun dealer got the CQB in stock and now I'm stuck with both of them

OD Green--my opinion is go for it. It is a great gun.

·
Registered
1,040 Posts
I saw and handled one, and still don't like it. Maybe because it mates with black slide. I'd like to see a whole OD green (or camouflage) 1911. That might change my mind.

·
Registered
721 Posts
I have a CQB compact in od green and black, and I think it looks cool.

·
Registered
247 Posts
The Green and Black together look great... I have a CQB compact that is just a sharp looking gun.

I've seen some in all green YUCK!!! The look horrible

the only question on a black and green is..Diamond wood or Coco-bolo??? I've seen both and I think that they both look pretty good.

------------------
Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're NOT out to get you.

"I have done nothing... for that I am ashamed" --Mel Gibson, The Patriot

·
Registered
153 Posts
I wasn't sure if I was gonna like the OD/BLACK combo, but after carrying the gun now for a few months, I love it! The color is appealing, and certainly is different.

I think you'll like it....because remember, it is an AWESOME pistol!

------------------
Will Fennell
www.camillusknives.com

·
Registered
215 Posts
My full size CQB is OD green/black and I really like it. The green is dull and just the right shade to not stand out or draw attention. Just wish it stayed on the gun longer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts