1911Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have not seen this one before and it shows 450 SMC with the maker DTA, also is an SPP. One of a few unique ones I brought home last week.

Brown Guitar accessory Wood Font Tints and shades

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
The 450 SMC is a hot round that was developed, IIRC, for the Walther PPQ 45.
With firearms not designed for it, it would likely benefit from a heavier recoil spring.

·
Premium Member
5,950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I have not heard of it nor seen a case before. Appears to be the same dimensions as a .45 case and I would guess it is fine to reload a standard .45 in it.

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,558 Posts
I thought that round was a trademark-beater, so no royalties would have to be paid to Ace Custom for ".45 Super"; same external dimensions as .45 ACP, but strengthened for higher pressures?

Reactions: DubfromGa

·
Registered
22,400 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
The 450 SMC is a hot round that was developed, IIRC, for the Walther PPQ 45.
With firearms not designed for it, it would likely benefit from a heavier recoil spring.
good info that I didn't know about, thanks

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
Starline does custom cases and headstamps for customers who order a certain amount , 1 million pcs IIRC.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
The DTA is probably Double Tap Ammo - DTA and 450SMC is a small fifle primer brass is a stronger brass over the 45 super but other wise very interchangable . 450smc brass can be made from 308 win family or brass . I have shot some underwood 45 super in a couple 5" steel tight well supported chamber 1911's with heavier 23lb recoil springs and 23lb main spring and a xd 45 . Good semiauto handgun dangerous game defensive cartridge .

1 - 8 of 8 Posts