1911Forum banner

681 - 700 of 702 Posts

·
Registered
568 Posts
My new to me Ruger SR 1911 CMDR and her various suits. The factory grips were just to pretty to scratch, so she gets to wear the gray/black Starburst G10's for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
38 Posts
Picked up some new grips. Not sure if I like them as much as I thought I would. I'll leave them on for a bit to see if they grow on me. USPS lost them for about a week. Then they needed some dremel time just to get them to fit. Still need a bit more work.

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
New to me SR1911CMD

Unmolested in this picture but it's at the gunsmith right now getting all the lumps smoothed down on the left side for IWB carry.

I'm very impressed with the out of the box fit, finish, and accuracy of this pistol.

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here's mine...it's what brought me to this forum.

Just totally stock at this point, but intend on putting some custom grips on it soon enough.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Wow. Three years later. Mine looks totally different from when I bought it. Dug it out to shoot. It’s been a while since I shot it. Feels good.

·
Registered
22 Posts
My first 1911

I bought this used, love it. have had no problems, put truglow night sites on it.
My brother had bought a new mkIV colt decades ago, and had to have is massaged to work coreectly. nothing had to be done to this..

really really love it

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
sr1911 brush finished slide

just enhanced a bit

·
Registered
332 Posts
My three SR1911's with two Colts and my Sig Ultra Compact:

Attachments

·
Registered
332 Posts
SR's

With my others

·
Registered
51 Posts
My SR1911 LW Commander in 9mm. Wish they would make them in 40sw.

I replaced the recoil spring with a 16lber, makes the gun feel like is going to work every time. That stock spring felt real weak, always felt like it was going to fail. It never did tho, like a true Ruger. Still feels better with the stronger spring.

·
Registered
332 Posts
My SR1911 LW Commander in 9mm. Wish they would make them in 40sw.
Looks like there are going to be less and less guns in 40s&w. No one buying them.

681 - 700 of 702 Posts