1911Forum banner

61 - 80 of 702 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Nice Pict

Nice looking picture! Good composition / lighting... and of course, excellent subject :rock:

John M. Browning really did create a lasting masterpiece. I am proud of this, my 1st 1911 as much as any before it. Somehow I don't think this will be my last ;)

·
Registered
63 Posts
I can see my wallet getting thinner over at VZ Grips in the very near future. You guys are sharing some impressive pics and those Rugers are looking great. And I thought my SR1911 with Hogues and stainless screws was sharp. Dang!

·
Registered
169 Posts
I can see my wallet getting thinner over at VZ Grips in the very near future. You guys are sharing some impressive pics and those Rugers are looking great. And I thought my SR1911 with Hogues and stainless screws was sharp. Dang!
They are 20% off until midnight tonight!

·
Registered
239 Posts
I can see my wallet getting thinner over at VZ Grips in the very near future. You guys are sharing some impressive pics and those Rugers are looking great.
Mine aren't VZ. I prefer LD grips. And if you don't like what he has to offer, give him your design and he'll make them for you.

·
Registered
63 Posts
LD Grip Prices?

How much do his grips run (ball park)? I missed the 20% off at VZ however they tell me that this offer is coming up again soon.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I tried to edit my old post but could not.

The SR1911 with Hogue kingwood palmswell grips

Walnut burl goodness

·
Registered
239 Posts
Are we allowed to vote for "best looking"? I love the combination of that color grip and the satin finish! If I were Ruger, I would offer that as the standard.
Do I win anything? :D

I sent the Ruger to Springfield's Custom Shop for a little work and should have it back in 6 weeks or so. I haven't decided on what refinish I want.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Purchased a set of WC grips exactly like the ones in the picture below but finally realized...:rolleyes:why have WC medallions on a Ruger??.. so, at the moment I'm working/removing the WC medallions and replacing them with the Ruger medallions, the picture below gives you an idea of how it will look once the job is done, in my opinion grips look much better. Will post pictures.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I've been wanting one of these for a long time. Finally found them in stock locally. I had a set of slim VZ Grips I had for another 1911 project, but decided to put them on this one. So far it has decent slide/barrel/frame fit especially for a production gun. It has all the features on a 1911 that I'd like other than maybe a magwell. I call it my Poor Mans Gunsite 1911. I hope it shoots as nice as it looks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hey wdf13 !!...I think your pic looks better than the Direct Link...;) (free of charge for you:D)

·
Registered
75 Posts
My first 1911 and it happens to be a Ruger. Got it last month. A week later I bought a Kimber. Going to add a half dozen more 1911's to the collection.

Will buy a few more sets of grips to try out. A friend gave me the Hogue desert tan grips and like the feel.

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Mine, so far changed the grips (from Ruger) and EGW angled bushing.

Attachments

61 - 80 of 702 Posts