1911Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

The 6rnd Colt mag that came with my Officer Ltwt. .45 won't hold the slide open on the last shot. Apparrently the follower is wedging to the right of the slide release protrustion instead of coming up under it to actuate it. Anyone else have this problem?

I'm thinking of Wilson replacements. Which are more reliable, the 6 or 7rnd-ers?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Regarding the Wilsons, either of them work fine. I would go with the 7's, and carry the full size 8's for backup. Wilson makes 8's for Officers as well, and they would stick out like the standard fullsize mags.

Have you tried "adjusting" the follower on the Colt mag to get the metal tang to pop the slide release up?

·
Super Moderator
EDC: SIG P938.
22,297 Posts
I've had the flat G.I.-style followers slip past the slide stop on one of my guns. I removed the followers, and placing the left-fron "corner" on an anvil, peened it out a little bit to improve the purchase of the slide stop. If you are a little too enthusiastic, you might have to then file it back a little to keep it from dragging in the mag tube.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts